Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Kytton, so for CheapTrick, you're saying there are 2 towers in her area. Can you confirm that these are 3G (EvDO) towers? CheapTrick has just ordered a phone on Sprint and the coverage maps on the Sprint website only showed EvDO coverage in Madison and Milwaukee, WI. Is there any way to know whether Sprint has any EvDO roaming agreements with CellCom? (CheapTrick mentioned she has friends on CelllCom who have 3G.) I'm just hoping she'll get Sprint EvDO coverage most of the time. If she ends up roaming more than 1/2 the time, Sprint won't be cost-effective for her. If she gets Sprint 3G most of the time, the Sprint Pre should work really well for her.

(I've been trying to help her figure this out in advance, and you seem like you might be in a position to provide her an answer.)

thanks,
    --
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    picture mail outtage here in oklahoma yesterday, was told by sprint rep it was all over, and had been going on since Jan 12 approx, havent checked today.

but i did recieve a small credit on my next bill
    Thanks sudoer
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Kytton, so for CheapTrick, you're saying there are 2 towers in her area. Can you confirm that these are 3G (EvDO) towers? CheapTrick has just ordered a phone on Sprint and the coverage maps on the Sprint website only showed EvDO coverage in Madison and Milwaukee, WI. Is there any way to know whether Sprint has any EvDO roaming agreements with CellCom? (CheapTrick mentioned she has friends on CelllCom who have 3G.) I'm just hoping she'll get Sprint EvDO coverage most of the time. If she ends up roaming more than 1/2 the time, Sprint won't be cost-effective for her. If she gets Sprint 3G most of the time, the Sprint Pre should work really well for her.
    Yes, they both are EVDO towers according to my map. I'm on the west coast and I'm not too familiar with CellCom.. are they CDMA? If they are there's a strong likelihood that they are roaming partners. Unfortunately, my maps don't show me the roaming towers and I haven't found a system that will. Even if she is roaming, there should be no cost to her. With all the new rate plans, roaming is included.

Hope I could be of help!
    Yes, CheapTrick told me that CellCom was CDMA. Assuming the two EvDO towers are Sprint towers, CheapTrick will probably do OK with the phone/plan. Thanks a million for your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kytton View Post
    Even if she is roaming, there should be no cost to her. With all the new rate plans, roaming is included.
    I've read elsewhere on here that if you roam over 50% of your "minutes", that Sprint would charge for the roaming. (I never looked at the fine print in the agreement, so I don't know the exact details.)

You have been very helpful!

thanks
    Hm. I've never heard of that. I know if you roam over 90% they will send you a nice "Dear John" letter saying they will let you out of your contract (well.. force you out).

You're welcome.
    Yup CDMA, also generally get good single where I am on cellcom, also i believe verzion is also semi decent in the area. As for if they are roaming partners with sprint I am not sure, I did find some random thread back from 2003 that said verzion was roaming partner with cellcom.

Thanks everyone so much for your help
    How do you get a hold of that program??
    Quote Originally Posted by CheapTrick View Post
    Yup CDMA, also generally get good single where I am on cellcom, also i believe verzion is also semi decent in the area. As for if they are roaming partners with sprint I am not sure, I did find some random thread back from 2003 that said verzion was roaming partner with cellcom.

Thanks everyone so much for your help
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Let us know when you get it how your service is.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmac06 View Post
    How do you get a hold of that program??
    It's for Sprint technicans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kytton View Post
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Let us know when you get it how your service is.

Thanks a million and a half, should be here wensday due to presidents day.

Everyone here has been very kind and helpful
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12