1.    #1  
    *I want to post this before I'm completely out of juice*

I left the house at 830 to take the wifey out for a nice breakfast for vday. I confirm that I'm at a 100% before I leave and 2 1/2 hrs later I'm at 30%.

During our wonderful breakfast I kept the usage down (but of course) to 3-5 texts (blast reminding my other compadres of their obligatory duties today). But now we're onto part 2 of the day - shopping. I've been bangin out text msgs, checking FB and watching utube vids for about an hour.

But really?? 28%?? I pray 1.4 fixes this !!

Thanks for listening and happy vday to you!!
    Last edited by algee650; 02/14/2010 at 01:06 PM.
    Same thing happened with me;

I went to bed with the Pre at about 99%.

The display turned off by itself as usual and 8 hours later, it was down to 64%!

***!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I noticed this yesterday with my Pre aswell...
    If you guys want for your pre's to last then turn off your data connections.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    No offense as I know what you are saying BUT that seems like such a lame answer to turn off your data connections. The whole purpose of this damn contraption is to provide data connections. If I wanted a device with no data connections then I would have a brick sitting next to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by wayles View Post
    No offense as I know what you are saying BUT that seems like such a lame answer to turn off your data connections. The whole purpose of this damn contraption is to provide data connections. If I wanted a device with no data connections then I would have a brick sitting next to me!
    True, turning off data does kind of kill the point of having a smartphone. I would rather carry around a charger with me than turn off data.
    Twitter: @PK1030
  7.    #7  
    UPDATE: I've fully charged my phone twice today and I'm now sitting at 63%. I'll probably charge it again tonight, so I can use it for another half day tomorrow
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    The only time I've noticed extreme battery drains like that overnight is when I leave certain apps open and/or running. I can't recall which ones in particular at the moment, but I think it may be those that require frequent location service requests.

Nonetheless, even when nothing is running in the background, it is not untypical for me to burn through two fully charged batteries in one day. To be fair however, I consider myself a power user.
    Palm Pilot 5000 > Palm Pilot Pro> Palm V> Palm Vx> Palm 505> Samsung i500 (Palm OS)> Palm Treo 650> Plam Centro> Palm Pre!
    I ride the bus a lot and internet radio while surfing the internet sure does kill my battery rather fast. If I didn't bring my charger there is no way I would make it throug half a day. But some times I can get just as bad battery life only by sending a few text messages. It is really difficult to gauge how long it will last. Just like most people I hope this gets fixed on 1.4