Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I used to get alerted for emails, now I have to go to each mailbox (gmail, yahoo, hotmail) for it to pull emails to the Pre. I get some alerts, only to realize it missed quite a few old emails.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Go into "preferences & accounts" then go into each of your accounts and set the "get email" time to the interval you want. They are probably set to manual.
    this has happened to me in the past and I found that removing and re adding the account will usually fix it. Annoying, but it works
    Thanks, noticed this yesterday that i wasnt pulling any emails. Hopefully will be fixed in 1.4...whenever it comes out! Thanks for the tip

EDIT: So I deleted and added my email (Yahoo!) and still it isnt pulling any emails. My AOL account was sent to pull every 15min and isnt pulling emails neither. Very annoying.
    Last edited by friguy3; 02/14/2010 at 08:24 PM.
    This happens to me periodically, and I restart the phone. Restarting usually gives me a couple of days of error-free email. It just started acting up again last week. Since the 1.3.5 update it had been running email well, until very recently. The only change I've made is to update all my patches, but I have a hard time believing that is any way involved.
    Yahoo hasn't worked for me
    for months. Nothing fixes it.
    my yahoo works I occasionally get the reenter password message but still continue to get emails fine.
    I get the re-enter your email
    password every now and then.

Emails never download anymore
    on there own.
    yeah I had the same issue with my AOL account. Asfter some searching the only way to fix it is to remove the account and add it again. Only noticed this problem on 1.3.5
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Ok at this point I'm getting NO email notifications. I've tried kd0axs suggestion they were all on 15 mins I think hotmail was at 30 minutes fetch time. I've changed them all to 5 minutes, seems to be getting worse, went from one mailbox fetching mail to NO mailbox pulling email.
    Quote Originally Posted by jurkz View Post
    yeah I had the same issue with my AOL account. Asfter some searching the only way to fix it is to remove the account and add it again. Only noticed this problem on 1.3.5
    I can't seem to add my aol account back into the email program. I tried all the forum help about imap settings- I keep getting some version of "login failed" check username/password, or incoming mail settings not recognized, try again. Anybody know for sure how to add this account after deleting?
    Last edited by PCHFlyer; 08/15/2010 at 03:38 PM.
    I don't use AOL, but these are help steps I found.... are you following these for setup?

Create a new account with the following configuration options:

Incoming:
    * IMAP server: imap.aol.com.
    * IMAP login: your AOL screenname.
    * IMAP password: your AOL screenname password.
    * IMAP port: 993.
    * IMAP SSL required: yes.
    Outgoing:
    * Set the outgoing (SMTP) mail server to smtp.aol.com.
    * Make sure SMTP authentication is enabled for this server.
    * Enter your screenname as the user name and
    * your AOL screennname's password as the password.
    * Make sure the SMTP server port is set to 587.