1.    #1  
    Am I able to put a digital copy of a movie on my pre +? Can i use Media Monkey or is there something else i have to do to make it play? thanks for your help.
    You can put movies into H.264 inside MP4 container, the same format for ipod/iphone/PSP. So if your software has a preset for those devices you should be able to use that. The screen is 320x480 resolution, if you want to save on filesize you could use that as well.

If you want to simplify the syncing you could use something like Doubletwist
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    You can put movies into H.264 inside MP4 container, the same format for ipod/iphone/PSP. So if your software has a preset for those devices you should be able to use that. The screen is 320x480 resolution, if you want to save on filesize you could use that as well.

If you want to simplify the syncing you could use something like Doubletwist
    Where do you place them on the usb drive. I tried syncing with Windows Media and I tried dragging to usb, but it didn't show in Video app. I only got it to work when I used iTunes through my laptop.

My desktop won't recognize my Pre when I click Media, but it does work when I tap USB. It will sync with Windows Media, but not show in app on device.

I don't want to have to use my laptop and iTunes, I don't want a bunch of hidden files that I can't view w/o attaching to software.
    i use handbrake to convert divx movies to .mp4 then drag to pre works great
    I just put them in a folder I have titled called movies as long as the format is correct it will show up in your videos list.
    i just use real player. it reformats them and sends them directly to my pre when finished
    Yep forgot about that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I just put them in a folder I have titled called movies as long as the format is correct it will show up in your videos list.
    It's formatted correctly and if I sync with iTunes it is viewed by video, but if I don't, it's not seen.

It turns out that the Pre sees mov files that you sync thru iTunes. I changed it to mp4 and it saw the files. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by bdhu2001; 02/14/2010 at 07:55 PM. Reason: mov
    You can put them in the folder DCIM . It will show up with videos on the pre.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
  10.    #10  
    once i load the digital movie on the PC how do change the format to work on the pre +. step by step would help alot fellas. thanks in advance.