Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    A couple of times since owning my Pre I have attempted to download an app and it doesn't install properly. I don't know what to do after this happens, or why it happens?

    This has only happened on a couple of occasions, when I was downloading an app from the App Catalog. I have a stable WiFi connection at home and select the "Download" button. The progress bar states "downloading" and goes until it finishes. Then a new bar appears with "Installing...", but it never finishes. An icon appears in my menu with a blue dot that means that it never finished.

    I know I am not the only one that this has happened to because just about every program in the App catalog has one or two comments like "This app sucks, it won't even install!!" then others respond "You must be stupid, it works great!".
    Last edited by SirRob94; 02/14/2010 at 10:17 AM.
  2. #2  
    I had this problem twice so I finally installed the via WQSI. It worked perfectly. Of course you need to purchase the app first.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    I had this problem twice so I finally installed them via WQSI. It worked perfectly. Of course you need to purchase the app first.
    I second this, I've had some apps from catalog do that and found installing with WebOS QI works like a charm.
  4. rogerv.88's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #4  
    to fix this, first try restarting your phone. If that doesn't work then you need to install "Emergency Migration Helper" from preware
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerv.88 View Post
    to fix this, first try restarting your phone. If that doesn't work then you need to install "Emergency Migration Helper" from preware
    This problem is unrelated to the fix that one gives.
    Arthur Thornton

    Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRob94 View Post
    A couple of times since owning my Pre I have attempted to download an app and it doesn't install properly. I don't know what to do after this happens, or why it happens?

    This has only happened on a couple of occasions, when I was downloading an app from the App Catalog. I have a stable WiFi connection at home and select the "Download" button. The progress bar states "downloading" and goes until it finishes. Then a new bar appears with "Installing...", but it never finishes. An icon appears in my menu with a blue dot that means that it never finished.

    I know I am not the only one that this has happened to because just about every program in the App catalog has one or two comments like "This app sucks, it won't even install!!" then others respond "You must be stupid, it works great!".
    I had this happen to me once.

    What I did was restart the phone and try again. If that doesn't work, you could also try the way mentioned by others (install through WebOS Quick Install).
    Arthur Thornton

    Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  7.    #7  
    Restarting the phone took the icon w/ blue dot away, but I am not sure if that means that it got rid of all of the files or they are just hanging around inside my phone.
  8. rogerv.88's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    This problem is unrelated to the fix that one gives.
    if he had any type of patches, hb apps, etc installed in his phone prior to his problem then he needs to run EMH. At least he can try, it wont hurt anything if he at least tries it. BUT if he has a stock phone no patches or anything of that nature then you are right EMH is totally unrelated and wont help a bit.

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...l-updates.html

Posting Permissions