1.    #1  
    Well, my phone appears to be jacked up. Today, I've charged my phone 3 times to almost full charge and it's dead once again. I've talked maybe 30min total and not much else. This is an issue that apparently is getting worse and worse. I totally believe it was due to the last upgrade, because all was good up until that point.

I haven't bothered with the doctor, because I've been waiting for the next upgrade, which I hear may be monday. Well, in the midst of a dead battery all day, my speaker phone seems to be having issues, now it appears the phone may not even be ringing.

So the question begs, do I wait until the upgrade comes out to get a replacement or get it ASAP??
    loll
    if you pay for the insurance, assuming your on sprint (dont know how VZ does things), then take it in and get a replacement. Just be warned that some folks have had problems with replacement phones. I just got my refurb yesterday and its alot better than my original device, which was fine from late june till this week when the speaker went out.

Replacement phone should be free, at least mine was, but that was the first time ive ever had to get a replacement.
  4.    #4  
    I do have insurance, but this honestly should be a warranty issue.

BTW, this is my 2nd Pre so far. My 1st one made it about 2months, so far this one has made it since about Oct/Nov.
    Take It Back And Get A New One, All That Sounds Like warranty For Sure, The speaker Is a Issue They Know About. Im sure a Update Isn't Gonna Fix Your Phone.
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I don't know if you bought a spare but Did you try a different battery?
  7.    #7  
    Ok, I plan to take it back, but I wonder if I should wait for the update to come out for the simple fact that I like my phone patched and don't want to get a replacement, patch it, then have to unistall everything. I'd prefer to start with the update, factory installed, then go from there. Does that make sense or not?

At this point, I also don't figure the update will help. Originally I thought it might with the battery issue as it happened after the last update and seems to be tied to the WIFI and/or bluetooth. I tried to do the WIFI fix that was suggested, but can't find that setting in my router, not to mention, I think that's crappy they would change something in an update that makes WIFI worse.

No spare battery, normally the one is enough....

Thanks for the replies!!
    If your patches are installed with Preware or WOSQI they should be updated to utilize AUPT, which means you don't have to remove them prior to an OTA update. Go ahead and replace your phone and load it up.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    If your patches are installed with Preware or WOSQI they should be updated to utilize AUPT, which means you don't have to remove them prior to an OTA update. Go ahead and replace your phone and load it up.
    I just saw something about that in the anticipation thread. I was hoping to get to a sprint store today, but instead spent the day cleaning up after the cable company messed up our internet connection.

Was trying some of the self tests last night and my WIFI kept failing! Hmmm....
    Stoopid cable company.

11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Stoopid cable company.
    That's the nice way of putting it!!!

On phone right now trying to get my 3rd pre since about August.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Brian View Post
    That's the nice way of putting it!!!

On phone right now trying to get my 3rd pre since about August.
    Yeah, well, I was trying to be polite...heh.

Good luck on the phone.

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    If it helps you make a decision, the replacement units almost never have the newest software. You'll probably still need to update it to 1.4.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    If it helps you make a decision, the replacement units almost never have the newest software. You'll probably still need to update it to 1.4.
    I figured that might be the case, but my thought was I wouldn't have to unistall all of my patches/tweaks. I would get the phone, upgrade to new OS, then install the patches/tweaks; however, it is now looking like that isn't even an issue any longer. Sounds like the updates can now be installed over those....

The problem I'm having now is getting my phone replaced. I called Sunday night and was told I'd have a replacement in 3-5 days with a phone call and email confirmation. As of this morning, I hadn't received any email or phone calls, so I call Sprint back.

I'm told no phone was sent, but the account was noted that one should be sent. They transfer me to tech support, who once again, promises me they'll send me a phone in 2-3 days. I say I'll try a local sprint store 1st, as I really don't want to wait until next week and then find no phone sent. I call local sprint store #1, they have no manager in and they say they'll have to have tech look at phone and if broken they'll have to order a phone. Well, for one, I don't want to be without my phone for a day or more while a tech looks over it, just to be told, it has to be replaced. I've already confirmed that with *2.

I call store #2, go through all the auto promts and wait about 5min, then am disconnected. Call store #3, placed on hold about 5min only to be told the manager will have to call me back, which might be 10min, unless more customers come into the store....

Needless to say, I am not a happy camper at this point.....but they keep telling me I'm a Premier Customer, whatever that really means to them.