Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Woke up this morning opened Preware, under "Installed Packages" I'm show only 2 packages installed. I got over 30 apps and 60 patches installed. All my apps are working fine and patches are functioning as they should.

When I tap "List of Everything I get this
    Preware Error:
    pkg-list Exception: TypeError: Object false has no method 'toLowerCase'
    first , if you can open preware go into available apps and look for emergency migration helper and load it , it will be in patches and emergency reconstruct patch as well .

if that does not fix this then try deleting (preware) it and using webos quick install reload it and see if this helps fix your issue.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    happened to me too today. What's up?
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    first , if you can open preware go into available apps and look for emergency migration helper and load it , it will be in patches and emergency reconstruct patch as well .

if that does not fix this then try deleting (preware) it and using webos quick install reload it and see if this helps fix your issue.
    Thanks for the tip but it's not working. when I select "list everything" I get the error message I list above. And once it open, it is completely empty.
    I was just going to post a thread about this when I noticed yours. My phone is doing the same thing but mine just started with the last update to preware the one right before they started adding all the languages. I have not tried to run the emergency migration helper yet. All my patches work fine but do not show up in preware, my theme doesnt show up either.

update - emergency migration did not work, maybe because i already did it when it came out

Update 2 - I got it to work. I used the Emergency Service Enabler in the linux applications page on preware. Everything shows up except my theme. I guess that leaves me wondering if I have to remove my theme before the next update how can i do that if preware doesnt recognizes it?
    Last edited by pattavino; 02/14/2010 at 12:39 AM. Reason: update
    You know me to be a reasonably smart person, don't you think I would know if I were wrong?
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pattavino View Post
    I was just going to post a thread about this when I noticed yours. My phone is doing the same thing but mine just started with the last update to preware the one right before they started adding all the languages. I have not tried to run the emergency migration helper yet. All my patches work fine but do not show up in preware, my theme doesnt show up either.

update - emergency migration did not work, maybe because i already did it when it came out

Update 2 - I got it to work. I used the Emergency Service Enabler in the linux applications page on preware. Everything shows up except my theme. I guess that leaves me wondering if I have to remove my theme before the next update how can i do that if preware doesnt recognizes it?
    Anything I try installing gave me I this error message: App Catalog installation in progress, please try again later.
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    Anything I try installing gave me I this error message: App Catalog installation in progress, please try again later.
    Yes, if you look in the App Catalog program, you will see that it is installing applications in the background.

If Preware tries to install an application at the same time, the ipkg status file will be corrupted, and Preware will loose track of all your installed packages.

That is why this new check has been added to Preware.

Wait until the App Catalog installs have completed, and then try again.

If all your packages have already disappeared from Preware, then use the Emergency Reconstruction Utility to restore the ipkg status file.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    You probably got a download error in the app catalog. I had the same thing but my preware patches dissapeared before that. You have to go into app catalog and click on the shopping bag icon, in there it will show you which program had a download error, mine was code breaker, click on the program that has the error and click the bar at the bottom that says download error, a box will pop up asking you to redownload or cancel, choose cancel. that will free up ipk scripts to allow you to install the Emergency Service Enabler.

This still doesnt explain why I cant see my theme installed or how i am going to uninstall it when the new update comes out.
    You know me to be a reasonably smart person, don't you think I would know if I were wrong?
    You probably got a download error in the app catalog...
    Pssst... pattavino... ummm... read the post just above yours from rwhitby. He's the developer of Preware and WebOS-Internals.org. I'm pretty sure his answer trumps yours.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I'm having somewhat similar problems, except that some of the patches that I installed, are not uninstalling upon removing them. For example, I have the timestamp-built in running alongside the timestamp-fancy, even though both of them were removed. So I installed the Emergency Reconstruction Utility, but how do I run it now?

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes, if you look in the App Catalog program, you will see that it is installing applications in the background.

If Preware tries to install an application at the same time, the ipkg status file will be corrupted, and Preware will loose track of all your installed packages.

If all your packages have already disappeared from Preware, then use the Emergency Reconstruction Utility to restore the ipkg status file.

-- Rod
    You probably got a download error in the app catalog. I had the same thing but my preware patches dissapeared before that. You have to go into app catalog and click on the shopping bag icon, in there it will show you which program had a download error, mine was code breaker, click on the program that has the error and click the bar at the bottom that says download error, a box will pop up asking you to redownload or cancel, choose cancel.
    Yes, this is a case where the App Catalog reports that installations are still in progress, and so Preware backs off.

The problem needs to be cleared (as you outline) before Preware can continue.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Pssst... pattavino... ummm... read the post just above yours from rwhitby. He's the developer of Preware and WebOS-Internals.org. I'm pretty sure his answer trumps yours.
    psst.....hellonnnewman........ummm.... his didnt work for me and what i did worked. Just passing along what I did to see if it helps other people. I did read his post and that is why I posted mine. I trump u.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamkevint View Post
    So I installed the Emergency Reconstruction Utility, but how do I run it now?
    It runs when you install it

-- Rod
    Rod, I am having problems with this. I get the same error as above, but it is not obvious that there is a installation in progress from the app catalog. First, how do I determine there is one in progress? I've gone to the app catalog, the shopping bag, but I do not see any that were halted. In fact I actually was able to install another app from the catalog with no problems.

I am concerned as I would like to get all my patches update in anticipation of 1.4.

Thanks for all your hard work!!!
    OK, so I have gone through every single application that is listed in the "Shopping Bag" in the App Catalog -- none of them say they have any errors in download/install. I also have verified that I can actually install an app from the App Catalog.

Yet, Preware insists that there is an "App Catalog installation in progress, please try again later".

What gives? What else can cause this? If there are no app catalog installations in progress, how can I get Preware to recognize this?
    Ok, so I found in another post by Rod, that you can run this command:

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appInstallService/status '{}'

Here are the results:

root@palm-webos-device: luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appInstallService/status '{}'
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "status": { "apps": [ { "id": "org.webosinternals.preware", "details": { "version": "", "title": "", "vendor": "", "vendorUrl": "", "catalogId": -1, "client": "", "state": "removing" } } ] }, "returnValue": true }
    root@palm-webos-device:

Does this mean the app catalog is trying to remove Preware? What gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Ok, so I found in another post by Rod, that you can run this command:

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appInstallService/status '{}'

Here are the results:

root@palm-webos-device: luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appInstallService/status '{}'
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "status": { "apps": [ { "id": "org.webosinternals.preware", "details": { "version": "", "title": "", "vendor": "", "vendorUrl": "", "catalogId": -1, "client": "", "state": "removing" } } ] }, "returnValue": true }
    root@palm-webos-device:

Does this mean the app catalog is trying to remove Preware? What gives?
    Install Preware 0.9.26 using webos quick install or preware bootstrap script.

-- Rod
    Install Preware 0.9.26 using webos quick install or preware bootstrap script.

-- Rod
    thanks Rod, I was getting worried... Reinstalling worked great!