Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    What is the sometimes large, sometimes small, blue circle that can cover up to a 15 block radius (or more) in Google maps? I've been noticing it more & more lately.

Also, Sprint Navigation seems to always pinpoint my location with accuracy while Google maps doesn't seem to be nearly as accurate as it used to be...

Thanks
    there's definitely something wonky going on with google maps lately. it's been a lot slower than normal.

regarding the inaccuracy of the blue dot. i've had the pre since day 1 and it's always been kind of hit or miss. i'm not sure what to make of it, but all 3 pres in my household are like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
    What is the sometimes large, sometimes small, blue circle that can cover up to a 15 block radius (or more) in Google maps? I've been noticing it more & more lately.

'''
    Thanks
    An indication of the accuracy of the fix.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    John is right, is an indication of the margin of error.
    Go to the "Location Services" settings. Tap "Preferences" on the top left & under "Locate Me Using..." select "GPS" and uncheck "Use Google Services".

It seems that the accuracy is always miles off when using Google Services.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Circle means its locating you by triangulating the tower, and not the actual GPS signal.

Go outside and hang out for 5 mts and it should be able to pinpoint you.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Thanks guys, I made the change, turning off the "Use Google Services" which seemed to briefly help (I've had it off before) but it doesn't seem to be a permanent fix.

Corps, thanks for the explanation. So does that mean Google maps isn't using the GPS signal at all when that large transparent circle is present?