1.    #1  
    So I had this idea when I was at the mall today. I walked into a VZW store to check out the Pre Plus, and what I saw was a lot of people looking at the Droid/Eris. When I checked out the Eris I gotta say that the home screen looked really nice and it was very smooth to play with. It was even flashy some might say.

Then I went back to look at the Pre and it just looked bland, because nothing was going on. Then I thought, what can the Pre do that really shows off? And obviously, 3D gaming came to mind. But then I realized that you have to pay for the games...until I thought Asphalt 5 Demo is free!

So I downloaded Asphalt 5 Demo on to the pre, and left it there to run. I figure if we can all stop by a VZW and install Asphalt 5 Demo, it might show off what the Pre can do better to the general public. Boot up another card while you are at it too
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I like the idea. Would be nice if that was a national notice to implement.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Great idea!
    I actually did this last week. I installed Asphalt 5 Free, opened it, started and paused a race, then opened the dialer and messaging apps, and left them there. :-)
    I started a thread calling it re enact the movie PAYING IT FORWARD....IF all of us owners told 10 people it would be more powerful than ads....and if they told 10 people about palm and the brand...but everything counts..great idea leaving the game on
    great idea...I'll do that tomorrow
    Master Pants, that is a fabulous idea! I will do this next time I'm near a VZW store.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Not only that,we gotta make sure to put it on the homescreen launcher icons for more exposure and a quick launch out of curiosity if it gets closed
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
    Not only that,we gotta make sure to put it on the homescreen launcher icons for easy exposure and a quick launch out of curiosity if it gets closed
    good idea

the vzw store nearme had NFS installed on there demo already.

I assumed it was something they would put on all demos to show it off.
    LOL i did the same thing last weekend. i went to a verizon store to look at the pre plus (it's nice... feels speedier and the buttons are clickier). so naturally i wanted to see what it felt like. i d/l the 3D game demo.

the only thing that sucks, though, is that those demos have limited plays so after about 2 or 3 plays you can't play anymore. so while i like the idea that the OP has brought up, i am not sure how much prospective customers are able to play the demo versions of the game after i finished testing it out for myself.
    REALLY? Does the Pre and Pixie suck that bad???

I'm a fan of Palm and WebOS, but I'm not about to spend my life promoting for Palm, that's sad. Don't get me wrong, I have gotten about 3 people to switch over to Sprint and get the Pre, But reading the first post made me feel a little pathetic about supporting this phone. I know you meant good in your post, you would like for the Palm Pre community to grow, we can all benefit from that, but if an iphone user were to come to this thread (as they sometimes do) I think they would feel sorry for us. I also don't think it's necessary. I think that advertising is PALM''S responsibility, and I know that they are not doing such a great job advertising (unless you're a mom or can somehow relate to that weird chick on the Pre commercial).

I see the "Pre" as Palms device to renew the way they are perceived in todays modern smartphone scene. I see it as being a "PRE-cursor"/"PRE-view" of what is on the horizon for PALM as a company.(HENCE THE NAME)

They needed a device in which they could release WEBOS and their APP catalog with. With the PRE they have been able to clean up the OS and polish it, listene to it's user base and community, listened to users request, deliver results, and I believe that they have their second "Impact" device in the works. A device which will have better hardware, may have a bigger screen, and will include many of the request that the user base has requested. Things like visual voicemail, voice dialing, and many more. I BELIEVE the "Pre2" was "invented/envisioned" along with the PRE, to be release right after it. I BELIEVE PALM HAS EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL. All of us that root for this company, for whatever reason, will not be dissapointed with what they have in store for us in the future.*

There's no need to "help palm sell Pre" phones.
    Last edited by pre_task_king; 02/13/2010 at 10:34 PM. Reason: .
    Pre task king why you so negative???...THe phones rock they jsut need more BRAND RECOGNITION. Its called being a fan and supporting them ...and one way is promoting them!!! When you are a fan of a team do you not buy their Jersey and indirectly promote the team via the logo and that is free advertising!! Why not share it with friends and strangers. Sometimes when you dont know about it (the phone) even ads do not bring it to your attention. By directly showing someone it can go a longer way. I see Palm a better version of the movie Rudy. The analyst being the father telling him he cant make it to Notre Dame and the football team as well. And he makes it with help from his buddy(tutor) , janitor, priest etc!!
    Whatever you all decide to do, don't leave NFS Running on the Sprint Pre. The "too many cards open" msg may scare potential buyers.
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_task_king View Post
    Whatever you all decide to do, don't leave NFS Running on the Sprint Pre. The "too many cards open" msg may scare potential buyers.
    1) complex pants is by no means wasting his life right now, believe me, he is doing this for amusement, probably on rare trips out of a book.

2) sprint pre I would agree, luckely there isn't an issue on the pre plus with NFS, or any other game, and running multiple apps.

3) I do kinda agree in that I'm not about to spend my time fiddeling in verizon trying to sell the pre, I end up talking about it enough when someone starts talking smartphones already.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    1) complex pants is by no means wasting his life right now, believe me, he is doing this for amusement, probably on rare trips out of a book.
    Well actually...I just finished 2 weeks of tests, and I am now on "spring" break. Considering I have been playing Assassin's Creed 2 for the past 5 hours, I would like to say that yes, yes I am wasting my life, and loving it!

lol you all are funny. this is not going to help sell anything. sadly.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Thank god Android doesnt have any 3D games!

....wait
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Just show it to your friends and work buddies should do. Mine get quite a bit of interest and people really want to get one, they just love the interface.

Trouble is that Palm still don't sell to Sweden and people hesitate about importing it themselves. No app catalog seems to also be the killer.

Lets hope that Palm thinks its ready for the rest of the world now that 1.4 should make it a even better device.