Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    so i have looked around all over this forum... and haven't been able to find anyone with my problem. Sometimes randomly my sprint pre will just stop receiving text messages and phone calls. I can still send text and place calls fine... but cannot receive texts/calls.

I talked with sprint multiple times and tried everything.... the weird thing is, if i am on a call talking to someone i will receive allll kinds of text messages and if someone calls call waiting works. The spring guy told me my phone was having radio issues actually connecting to the network unless i initiate the connection.

So its been about 2 weeks now, i decided to webosdoctor my phone and now everything is working fine. any ideas?

the only thing i changed or did (didnt install any new apps or patches before this happened) but the one thing i did do was goto the phone and hit ##evdo# and turned it to EVDO only cause my phone kept switching to 1x even tho it has always had evdo at my house.
    It could be the area in which you live
    Poor Sprint network coverage could lead to that.

I've had the 1x problem, I didn't really do anything about it.
    It eventually just went away.
    When you switch it to EVDO only that prevents text and calls from gettting through. Yes you get a good signal but then only you can iniate contact with outside world.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    When you switch it to EVDO only that prevents text and calls from gettting through. Yes you get a good signal but then only you can iniate contact with outside world.
    ahh thats good to know. Thanks. i will stop using the evdo only work around. haha