1.    #1  
    I know android doesn't have BT voice dialing, so another possible option is a Palm phone. Bluetooth voice dialing is a requirement. wife (on verizon) wants a new phone, and we won't ever get phones without this basic feature.
    Last edited by 1812dave; 02/13/2010 at 01:42 PM.
    well to start its not palm os thats long dead its web os but it supports bt dialing where you say the numbers but not the contacts name
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    well to start its not palm os thats long dead its web os but it supports bt dialing where you say the numbers but not the contacts name
    Where is this feature? How do you access it?
  4.    #4  
    oh yeah, right, I forgot it's "web-OS"; not Palm. thanks for the info on the VD issue. bummer. I don't really want to get a winmo phone, had numerous storms (too many reboots--took them all back), so we are running out of options for a new phone. seems crazy that the 2 platforms don't do BT VD yet.
    but it supports bt dialing where you say the numbers but not the contacts name
    Huh? Since when? To my knowledge there aren't any voice activated controls currently implemented in WebOS. Though it would seem the groundwork is in place for it in the future.
    ive said the numbers i wanted to dial on my headset (a samsung of some sorts i dont recall the model) and its worked although it may have just dialed the previous number i called ill have to give it a test and report back
    Uhhh ... I don't think that's true. WebOS has no support for voice dialing AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $The$ $only$ $option$ $at$ $the$ $moment$ $is$ $if$ $the$ $BT$ $device$ $actually$ $handles$ $the$ $voice$ $dial$ ($like$ $a$ $carkit$ $or$ $some$ $of$ $the$ $BlueAnt$ $headsets$).
    There is no voice dialing yet. And I say "yet" because of this http://www.precentral.net/voice-dialing-works-webos

Please expect this as a future feature.
    I've had my phone for about 2weeks now and have yet to find that feature. i can redial from the BT but i cant VD contacts or numbers. pretty disappointing but im sure in a later build of webos it might be added
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    There is no voice dialing yet. And I say "yet" because of this http://www.precentral.net/voice-dialing-works-webos

Please expect this as a future feature.
    Perhaps, but that info doesn't address BT voice dialing. Handset VD is not what I'm looking for--I want Bluetooth VD or it's "no sale". thanks for the link.
    I can confirm that Davis.Rob is correct in that you can voice dial via a BT carkit. After a routine pairing with my car's BT, I could voice-command dial on my Pre by number (digit dial) or by contact name.