1.    #1  
    I think the problems is I have a stuck program thats trying to update. I cant pause or delete it with the command in App catalog (see attached pic)

So now everytime i try to download something inthe app catalog it gets stuck at "downloading......". and when i try to update apps it just says "downloading....' but doesnt download.

Howevever i can download apps in Preware, please help........ ;9
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    ok i found a link to help with my problem, about to see if it works. please disregard for now sorry
    my pree is stuck on the launcher i cant move the page over and do updates or get to the other pages any idea how to get this unstuck please help
    Quote Originally Posted by nickpre View Post
    my pree is stuck on the launcher i cant move the page over and do updates or get to the other pages any idea how to get this unstuck please help
    try resetting it by pressing Orange+Sym+R
    i tried that no luck any other thoughts please
    Does it recognize the Pre when you plug it in to the computer?
    im having this issue...could someone link me to the thread that addresses this? i cant seem to find it
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by swingracex View Post
    im having this issue...could someone link me to the thread that addresses this? i cant seem to find it
    the launcher stuck or my problem?

My problem was fixed by deleting the update history database
    your problem...how do you delete the update history database?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by swingracex View Post
    your problem...how do you delete the update history database?

here is the fix for this it seems that the install log still tries to install some thing but errors out here is the fix

run putty and sudo in to the pre

after you open putty type this in to terminal

sudo -i
    cd /var
    cd palm
    cd data
    cd com.palm.appInstallService
    rm installHistory.db
    press orange + SYM + R to reboot
    no its not seeing it either when i plug it into my usb port thanks for trying to help me out
    Quote Originally Posted by nickpre View Post
    no its not seeing it either when i plug it into my usb port thanks for trying to help me out
    No problem.
    Looks like you are going to have to take it in to Sprint to get a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    No problem.
    Looks like you are going to have to take it in to Sprint to get a new one.
    Or run WebOS Repair Utility or just Doctor the phone, very easy to do. The doctor should be ran anyways before taking back to sprint if you've installed patches or anything else (my personal opinion). There's no reason to take a chance getting a crappy refurb if you can fix your phone yourself. IMO doctoring will fix anything, I use an old WebOS Doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Or run WebOS Repair Utility or just Doctor the phone, very easy to do. The doctor should be ran anyways before taking back to sprint. There's no reason to take a chance getting a crappy refurb if you can fix your phone yourself. IMO doctoring will fix anything, I use an old WebOS Doctor.
    True, but he can't connect it to the computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    True, but he can't connect it to the computer.
    Impossible

Take battery out, plug usb cable into phone and PC, hold up volume key and reinstall battery while still holding up. (There are other similar methods). Phone will power on and can be fixed from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Impossible

Take battery out, plug usb cable into phone and PC, hold up volume key and reinstall battery while still holding up. (There are other similar methods). Phone will power on and can be fixed from there.
    Ha, my bad.
    You're right.
    Forgot about taking the battery out, it's too early for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    here is the fix for this it seems that the install log still tries to install some thing but errors out here is the fix

run putty and sudo in to the pre

after you open putty type this in to terminal

sudo -i
    cd /var
    cd palm
    cd data
    rm installHistory.db
    press orange + SYM + R to reboot

I have the same issue you did but I'm new to the message boards. What is putty and sudo? I had the terminal on my last pre but not my replacement and cant remember how to get it back on my pre. I know I sound lost but any help would be great.
    Okay so disregard the question about the terminal, I realize I can download Terminal from Preware once i fix this issue.

Now,I have webos quick install on my computer and know I can enter those commands on the Linux Commandline but I'm still confused as to what is meant by "run putty and sudo into the pre"

Any help would be great
    I just tried to install terminal from webos QI and while the app shows on my phone, when i open terminal is says "termplugin is not installed. This app is unusable without it." Now im completely lost and unsure if i can put those commands "sudo -i
    cd /var
    cd palm
    cd data
    rm installHistory.db"
    into the linux commandline.

My wheels are spinning