Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I have to admit I haven't looked at google's mobile calendar before their most recent facelift for webOS. And I am impressed with how generally better their site and services look after this latest redeisgn.

But when I checked out the calendar, I was pretty shocked.

It defaults to agenda view. No more scrolling through pages of multicolored blobs. Also.. It's FAST. Clicking through days is nearly as fast as an old PalmOS device. What strikes me about this calendar is how little it feels like a google calendar, and how little it feels like working on the cloud.

It's funny, because I felt Palm copied the google calendar look and feel with the WebOS calendar. I was not and am not crazy about that kind of interface. Now, ironically, the Google Mobile Calendar for WebOS looks more like a traditional Palm calendar than Palm's does.
    Well, not exactly, but at least the balloon view is gone, i really hate that. Viva Agenda.

I'll wait until webOS gets it's next update to see if there are any radical improvements to the Palm calendar. But if not, despite my years-long distrust of googles' privacy policies, I am seriously considering syncing my google calendar to my EAS account, and making this mobile site the primary planner.

I've already made a launcher button for the google mobile calendar, as I continue to test it out. If Palm doesn't knock my socks off with the next update, this will replace the stock calendar in my launch bar.

Anybody else as impressed as I am with this?
    Last edited by neve; 02/13/2010 at 11:26 AM.
    I sync all my calenders.
    Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    Anybody else as impressed as I am with this?
    Not at all. Either I'm missing something or I don't see how to display week or month view. It's pretty useless in my opinion, I'll stick with the Pre's calendar and sync to Google's calendar.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Not at all. Either I'm missing something or I don't see how to display week or month view.
    No week display that I can find, but at the very top are two bold buttons that toggle "Day" and "Month". It doesn't show the months' events in month view, but it does list the selected day's events under the month calendar. And, clicking on days brings up their events almost instantly.

Also, I should point out it continues to overlay all the external calendars you may have chosen to view from within your google account, color coded and all. Not overlay so much as "stack". From the options menu you can choose which calendars to view.
    Thanks for the tip. Igoogle works great as well you can view the widgets that you have setup on your home page. I can access tvguide my sprint portal etc..
    No week display that I can find, but at the very top are two bold buttons that toggle "Day" and "Month".
    What URL are you using? I googled it and it shows as google.com/calendar/m
    I don't see any buttons that toggle day and month.

Here is what I get:

google.com/calendar is the new view leave the m off.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    mine is just google.com/calender/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    google.com/calendar is the new view leave the m off.
    Ok...much better!

i typed in google.com/calendar and it brought up the optimized web site
    I'm working on a screenshot, unless someone beats me to it.
    In the meantime, I originally got there by going to the regular google mobile site, clicking "more", there's the pulldown tab of all the stuff that appears new to me, but maybe it was there all along and I wasn't noticing, and out of that selecting calendar. This link is probably more klugey than it needs to be, but it's what I get:

https://www.google.com/accounts/Serv...&ltmpl=mobilex
    If you have setup an igoogle home page all the widgets you have show up. Great interface.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Um, wow. I AM as impressed as you are/were.

This is very nice, indeed.

Launcher page created, instant, free Google calendar Agenda app. ...sweet.

I may just leave this open, instead of the webOS calendar app from now on.

Oh, and you can add calendar events AND invite contacts! yea! (something we can't do in the webOS calendar app, yet.)

...hey, when you creat a launcher page the icon shows "Google and Today", not bad. ;-) (I do wish we could easily customize thesewebsite created launcher page icons, as most of the time they look like crap.)
    Last edited by ToddK; 02/13/2010 at 11:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post

Oh, and you can add calendar events AND invite contacts! yea! (something we can't do in the webOS calendar app, yet.)
    Cool it works great too!!
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I just checked it out and wow is right. I am pretty impressed. Not sure if I'll switch to it quite yet cus I have my pre calendar the way I like it and I don't use it that often. If I used it more I would probably switch.

thanks for letting us know!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I just tried to "add person to this meeting" unsuccessfully, though the invite was someone outside of the googleverse.

I did find the location setting works marvelously. A simple local address with no city or zip attached immediately brought up the location on a map. With a single click, no less. In the Palm calendar, a similar address wasn't able to resolve without a city or zip, and it took several clicks in submenus to find even that.
    You have to tap at the end of the name in the white popup box that shows what you are typing when you are adding the person. I sent invites to my work email home email and yahoo email account successfully.

I haven't figured out to add multiple recipents on one line. I have to add each one seperately.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Hey, you're right!
    it could hardly be less than intuitive, but it does work, and it's easy if you know just where to click. Thanks.

This beats the Palm calendar all to hell.
    Last edited by neve; 02/13/2010 at 10:25 PM.
    Blazam! And a real date picker when adding new items, I am loving this thing...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Doesn't seem to work with google apps logon.
    pretty cool google! Wow!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast