1.    #1  
    not sure this is where this goes but..i just bought a used pre plus, the phone was hard reseted, it brought me to the select language page then the agree to terms, and now its on the palm profile page. i try to create a profile and it wont work because the phone isnt activated yet and i cant activate it because i vant get off the screen. is there anything i can do or am i out some money? id think palm would be smart enough to prevent this...
    Quote Originally Posted by 08blue6r View Post
    not sure this is where this goes but..i just bought a used pre plus, the phone was hard reseted, it brought me to the select language page then the agree to terms, and now its on the palm profile page. i try to create a profile and it wont work because the phone isnt activated yet and i cant activate it because i vant get off the screen. is there anything i can do or am i out some money? id think palm would be smart enough to prevent this...
    Worst case scenario - You're not out money, but you may need to WebOS doctor the phone to put a fresh install of WebOS on it. Then try activation again.

OR

WebOS "meta" doctor the phone. Skip first use and activation. make sure to install the first use icon for later use.

Use the phone and some of the apps for a bit, then activate it over Wi-Fi.

Either way should get you going.
    I had this and no doctoring would help. There is another form of hard reset available in the ##786# menu that requires your MSL code. I have no idea why this would be more of an overwrite than a complete doctor but for whatever reason it fixed my issue.
    had this problem with a sprint pixi...took it to the store and it was fixed in 5 minutes. The phone has to be provisioned properly on the network to enable the data to be transferred. If you can enable wifi, you could try doing it that way, otherwise take it to the store, they should be able to fix it quickly
    There are GSM versions of the Pre Plus already available?

Anyway could your problem be that you need to change the APN configuration in order to get a data connection?
  6.    #6  
    is there anyone i can send the phone to to do the meta doctor and get passed the initial sign in? im clueless at this stuff
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    A used Pre will need to be reset (##786#) so it pulls the activation data from the carrier's servers.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I had this problem with the verizon pre plus....you need to put the phone in developer mode (by taking out the battery and pluging into the power and holding the volume up button) then you will see a usb symbol on the screen.

Then you put battery back in and you need to run webos doctor from the palm website. Instructions should be with Webos on the site.