1.    #1  
    Before the flamefest begins let me say most of you here know me enough to realize I love my Pre. But this is getting ridiculous. Im on my third Pre due to the speaker going out, well it happened again!

This time however Im going to call and ***** instead of just going to the local Sprint store.
    It wouldnt bother me so much but Im really getting tired of replacing the phantom skinz.

I also have been having problems w/ Sprint not sending me my MIR's, I have bought 5 phones this year and have not received any rebates.
    I also found out Im not eligible for the yearly upgrade because Im a business customer! Tell me how that makes ant sense? I have 5 phones on my acct and I spend stupid amounts of money monthly, eventhough I spend 3 hundred + dollars a month and i have been w/ sprint for 9 yrs I dont rate the same as a new residential customer that only spends 69.00 per month.

OK rant over!

I will post back any results!

Ps. I really dont want to go to verizon and increase my bill by 50% so wish me luck w/ customer NO service!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Jeez, third Pre?
    Talk about bad luck.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah! no dead pixles, no oreo, no screen cracks. Just the damn speaker starts crackling and goes away completely.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

The only problem I've had with the phone physically is the damn screen protector doesn't like to stay on.
    And LOVES to get air bubbles or whatever you wanna call them.

But best of luck with yours
    Fourth time the charm maybe?
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    calling is definitely a good idea. Good luck.

I'm on my third because of power buttons breakinf.
    well I hope you get someone who can actually understand what ur saying and cares. that sucks assss big time. also about the early upgrade perk. Sprint can be so unfair sometimes. Blah! GoodLUCK man!!!
    This story makes me think that, either there's something seriously wrong with that batch of Pre's or... there's something you're doing to/with your phone that's causing the problem.

If it happens with your next Pre,... actually, I'm not sure if you currently have your third or if this next one will be the third. Hm.

I'd consider about how long it usually takes for this speaker issue to manifest. I'd consider how you or others use the phone during that time. I'd then go out of my way to find an alternate method to meet my Pre audio needs (or whatever might lead to such an issue), during that period of time... or maybe forever.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    2sslow:

You live in ATL, right?
    Try the store on the East-West Connector, between Hicks and Floyd in Cobb County if ur on the west side of town.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    do you work around metal chips or shavings? If so that's the problem with the speaker... My friend has had to replace 2 phones because of it. The magnet in the speaker is very powerful, and pulls those metal flakes right in.

his new solution is to take a bit of paper towel and put it behind the speaker cover. He opens it up each night and shakes the flakes (and there are always quite a few) out and then puts a new piece of paper towel in it'd place. So far it has worked like a charm.

I hope this helps you or anyone who may work around metal.
    Though I sympathize with your pain it's better to do something about it than just complain about it. If the Pre isn't working for you than move to another phone and if Sprint isn't working for you tell them adios and move to a provider that will treat you the way you want to be treated (if there is such a one).
    Calling will do you no good, it will give you a head ache and make you more mad at the fact that you have to drive to the store. I have already called and she said she cant do anything with out having a tech look at the phone. BTW im going in to get lucky #4 tomorrow for the same issue.
    I feel your pain. I am on my third device as well and need a 4th. 1st-power button broke, 2nd-crack from the usb and expanded to the screen, 3rd or current phone-from day one the screen censor is broken. Sprint said I have had 2 replacements and I may not have anymore?

Problem is WebOs is just too good. I am not interested in using any other phone. Sure is a bummer to have to hit the power button every time your on the phone. With that said, I am hoping for a new 4G palm by the end of this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    calling is definitely a good idea. Good luck.

I'm on my third because of power buttons breakinf.
    Only 3 replacements? you guys are lucky, I am on my 6th and my wife is on her 6th as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    The only problem I've had with the phone physically is the damn screen protector doesn't like to stay on.
    And LOVES to get air bubbles or whatever you wanna call them.

But best of luck with yours
    Fourth time the charm maybe?
    Get a Skinomi Tech Skin. I've had mine for over six months, and it still looks and feels great.
    Plus it come with lifetime replacements.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    do you have a custom ringtone or something that keeps blowing the speakers?

also, you know you can track your rebate status, right?
    You can also just go above the reps at the local stores and call Sprint's Executive Relations
    866-727-0665. That is the number I call when I can't get any real help from the low-level and mid-level staff.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

I'm thinking you have a ringtone or something that is doing this ththe speakers. If I were you,,after the third time,,would be saying to myself ok what the hell am I doing to blow the speaker. Logic dictates once,ok bad speaker,,twice wow is this werid,im unlucky,,third time ok I must be doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I'm thinking you have a ringtone or something that is doing this ththe speakers. If I were you,,after the third time,,would be saying to myself ok what the hell am I doing to blow the speaker. Logic dictates once,ok bad speaker,,twice wow is this werid,im unlucky,,third time ok I must be doing this.

2sslow is a Developer though. So simple problems caused by a ring-tone would be noticed before the speaker failed.

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    2sslow is a Developer though. So simple problems caused by a ring-tone would be noticed before the speaker failed.
    o ok,,,,then what the hell do I know,,lol
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    o ok,,,,then what the hell do I know,,lol
    This is just a weird issue. Me personally I use Earbuds and Stereo-Bluetooth a lot more then the Speaker. So I'm clueless to what could be causing the issue. It is just odd that the problem would keep happening. But if the phones were coming from the same store; then the issue could be with any or all of the WebOS phones sent to that set-store.

I have no idea though.