1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I need some help or information regarding an issue. I've had my phone in my pocket all day, which is what I do everyday, and when I checked it around 5pm or so, I was at about 85% battery (after taking it off the charger around 8am). However, when I left the building at around 9pm, I noticed that my phone would not come on (not by the power button or slider). I thought it was kind of odd, but I just figured that the battery completely died on me. However, it has been on the touchstone charger since almost 10pm (it's approximately 11pm now) and nothing. All my screen shows is the 'palm' logo. Is this normal? Is my phone somehow 'bricked' or dead? What could I have possibly done to it? I have not dropped it or wet it or anything. What's going on?

THAANSA3
    Pull the battery and wait 30 seconds and then reinstall it, you may have to do this a few times.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Pull the battery and wait 30 seconds and then reinstall it, you may have to do this a few times.
    What he said. Mine has done this a time or two, and a battery pull always seems to do the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    +1
    Been there, done that. good luck
    This has been somewhat of a common problem. Do the battery pull and, if it still gets stuck at the Palm screen once you turn it back on, do a soft reset by pressing Orange+Sym+R. That worked for mine and I haven't had the problem since *knock on wood*
  7.    #7  
    I thank you all for your input. The phone is now functioning, but I will continue to monitor it's behavior. My 30 days is coming up on Monday, and I'm going to decide whether I want to keep this unit or take a chance on a new Pre.