1.    #1  
    My headphones seem to enjoy building up a static charge, and then delivering it to the insides of my ears. It's really painful, and happens a few times a day.

Does this happen to anyone else? I googled, but no one seems to be saying much.

I'm afraid to listen to music now...
    never had this happen or heard of anyone else having it happen before now
    this happens to me only when I get up from a chair that has a buildup of static, or when I take off my coat and my headphones are still plugged in
    I've never had this problem, and I've had days when I wear my headphones all day.

I'm sure it is painful, and I appoligize, but I can't help but crack up when I read your post. Imagination runs wild sometimes.
    Why not just purchase some foam headphone covers from Radio Shack, I use them because I don't like the feel of the headphones in my ear in the raw plastic.

That might help with the static.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

this happened to my brother and his ipod. Shortly thereafter his headphones stopped working. So it's not a pre-specific issue it's just an earbud issue.
    Yep, I've had it while using my Zune. For whatever reason our couch likes to build up a bunch of static.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Why not just purchase some foam headphone covers from Radio Shack,
    They usually fall off after a week or so, especially when they're in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by chefjabril11 View Post
    this happens to me only when I get up from a chair that has a buildup of static, or when I take off my coat and my headphones are still plugged in
    Coat and standing up do it for me. I have one coat that does it every time, which I think is conspiring with the headphones against my other coat, which doesn't have the effect. I have a hoodie that does it occasionally, but i think that's just because it's careless.
    happens to me also. Particularly when I am wearing either a wool jacket or scarf. And aswe all know, wool builds static much 'better' than many other materials.

solution: take them out of your ears when you know it's going to happen.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I've had this happen to me..and it's only happened while using my Pre headphones WITH my Pre (doesn't happen when I use the headphones for other purposes)...and I've used a lot of earbuds over the years. I can't say it's horrifically painful, but it's like a zap...almost like the volume is popping or something. Kind of scares me from listening to stuff on my Pre...
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Wow I thought I was the only one and I never thought to start a thread on the subject.
    Yes whenever I have headphones on and take off my hoodie I'll get a good shock in my ears. Not fun. It happened so much I've learned to pop them out before I take off extra layers.
    This only happens with the Pre. My last phone(s) and iPod never did this.. . (could having exterior magnets built into the stock ear buds be making this a more frequent thing?)