Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    My phone is having an extremely tough time sliding up and nothing was done to it ( that i know of) but i have to use a good amount of force to push it open.

any advice how to fix it ?
    open ur battery cover, remove the battery. and watch as you slide the phone open and see if there is anything visible that could be causing the extra force needed.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    thanks i just tried that...and theres nothing visible that is causing it to slide so poorly...lol its like i need some WD-40
    do it up!

but be careful
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    lol i dont knowwww...im scared imma F**** it up
    don't do the wd-40. Its gonna gunk it up and you will constantly have to clean it and use more of it. I'd go in there with a q tip with a dab of alcohol and see if you can clean the tracks a little
    Last edited by Brownbear50; 02/12/2010 at 08:44 PM.
    only time i feel it hard slide up is when i have the cable connected!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    just tried the alcohol. it helped a little bit...and every once in a while ill get a normal slide but most of the time its still sticking too much
    It is very hard to slide my phone up by placing my thumbs on the gesture area. If that's what you do, try placing your thumb in the middle of the screen or one thumb on each side of the screen and then sliding up.
    Mine is hard to slide open too.

I've toyed with the idea of using some cycle Dry Lube, just have not got around to it yet.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by shahm0nsterr View Post
    It is very hard to slide my phone up by placing my thumbs on the gesture area. If that's what you do, try placing your thumb in the middle of the screen or one thumb on each side of the screen and then sliding up.
    100% right, I cant even open mine if i try and push from the gesture area but move the thumb up another 1/2inch and it glides open.