1.    #1  
    Has anyone figured out how to actually remove VZ navigator from the phone yet? I don't care to hide it, I would rather it be gone all together. This might fix the GPS issue with google maps possibly.
    IPKG Service - WebOS Internals

This page should help you on your quest.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    You can use meta-doctor, enabling the "remove carrier check" option to completely remove vz nav; unfortunately it also takes out mobile hotspot, amazon mp3 app, and most likely the app catalog...not a very good tradeoff. There must be some way to remove just this app though...anyone?
    i have a script that will rip it right out of the phone if some one want to test it out
    let me know! it work's on mine. i ran it on 1.4.0.0.0.0.0.0.

it works with WEB OS quickinstall on your computer so you have to have webos quick install
    started and open to the linux command line
    john
    that would be cool if it "fixes" the issue....i really think that it's an issue with something internal. google maps with google services enabled doesn't switch to the gps radio when it's available. it defaults to the nearest cell tower triangulation method. the issue goes away when you choose locate me using gps only.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by john mcconnell View Post
    i have a script that will rip it right out of the phone if some one want to test it out
    let me know! it work's on mine. i ran it on 1.4.0.0.0.0.0.0.

it works with WEB OS quickinstall on your computer so you have to have webos quick install
    started and open to the linux command line
    john
    sure i wouldn't mind trying it out. Curious, what needs to be removed besides these two .ipk files?

com.nim.app.vznavigator_1.0.0-15.4_armv6.ipk
    com.nim.vznavigator_1.0.0-15.4_armv6.ipk
    files and folder that i rip out of my pre+ was

/usr/lib/vznavigator/
    /usr/lib/libpixman-1.so.0
    /usr/lib/libpixman-1.so.0.15.20
    /usr/lib/libpixman-1.so
    /usr/lib/BrowserPlugins/VZNavigatorAdapter.so
    /etc/event.d/VZNavigatorService
    /etc/messagingrouter/smshandlers/VZNavigatorSmsRouter
    /usr/palm/applications/com.nim.app.vznavigator

Google maps still works but still take forever to lock on
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I created a patch with the intention of making VZ Navigator removable by adding "removable": "true" to the appinfo.json file. (I got the idea from Jason's PDF Viewer Prevent Removal patch.)
    Interestingly it caused the icon to disappear altogether. Here's the patch if anyone wants to try it...
    Last edited by mhous33; 05/15/2010 at 04:15 AM.