Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hey guys, im new to this forum .. however, i've been a loyal fan of precentral.net for a long, long time now since i bought my pre once it first came out for sprint.

Have a question tho,
    My pre is VERYYY slow ... Just to open an application sometimes takes FOREVERRR!!! and i really dont have the patience to keep waiting. My question to you all is .. Does this have to do with linking contacts with a bunch of things? A majority of my contacts are linked with facebook, aim, google, and yahoo ... this means all of them are linked with 4 accounts each. Also, i have a lot of facebook friends that show up in my contacts list. Would this factor in to slowing down my phone? and what should i do to solve this problem?

I'd appreciate it very, very much to hear your responses!!

Thank you,
    -AWind89
    I thought it was sort-of slow at first but then I changed my behavior. I simply open the apps I use most and leave them open, that way it's basically a flick and it's ready to go, with a simple 5-30 second initial time.

Also you might try a restart if it gets really bad as something could be eating up memory.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Thanks man i appreciate it!
    I don't think mines is as slow as yours but I have been noticing some slow down when it comes to opening apps and doing small things like checking to see what time it is when the screen is off. Not sure what the reason for the slowdown is but mines is doing this and I don't have any linked contacts with facebook or anything else. Maybe the next update will speed things up a bit.
    Nope
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    reboot once a day

there is even an app in homebrew you can use to schedule a reboot to happen automatically that was featured on the precentral homepage yesterday

I have hundreds of contacts on exchange, facebook, google, linkedin, and palm profile. Many are linked. I have dozens of patches, app cat apps, homebrew apps. Due to memory leaks in apps the phone becomes progressively slower.

Rebooting solves this everytime.
    also check things like your email accounts....it seems anytime I have over 100 messages my phone starts to slow down extremely....just food for thought.

Cheers!

Robert
    i agree with those above who recommend rebooting once daily. we often reboot our computers for the same reason. the pre is a mini-computer. reboot it!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Today suddenly my Pre Plus slowed down to a crawl. Pulling up emails took seconds and I couldn't even minimize cards for 30 seconds or longer. I have been resetting like a mad man with no improvement. Some apps including assasin's creed demo ran ok, so it was only slow-down in key builtin mail, calendar apps that really slowed down. I tried webos repair which found some changes but overall still didn't fix the problem. Last apps I installed were preset reset and Classic Notes (not saying that installing it caused the problem but I did have to update some other system preware to get it to work). I'm using webos doctor now to restart.

Frustrating but at least I have some good tools to fix it myself. Thought about calling verizon but usually that's useless. They didn't know my last Blackberry phone, they are unlikely to know anything useful about Pre.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    also check things like your email accounts....it seems anytime I have over 100 messages my phone starts to slow down extremely....just food for thought.

Cheers!

Robert
    I always have more than 100 messages between Exchange ActiveSync and an IMAP account. Do you have to have the Mail app open for things to slow down?
    no
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    no
    That could be my problem. I usually accumulate about 100 messages a day after deletions and have my phone set to keep 3 days. I will have to play with this.
    Might also want to delete your call log. Someone had posted this earlier and I tried it. It did speed things up slightly.
    strongly recommend using Jason's preset reset
    if you have the browser multi-mod installed I felt like that slowed my pre down to a crawl.
    as far as email accounts go . You need to empty trash folders once in a while . If you do not it will slow phone down . Same with call logs in phone app . As well as alot of open text chats .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    My slow down is fixed for now and the speed is back to normal. I used webos doctor and removed all patches. Even then it was slow in my outlook account (hotmail was fine) until I did a reboot on top of the webos doctor process. (and when I say slow, I'm talking about taking 1-2 minutes to open an email, a very slow key response time) Maybe something got corrupted? Now seems to be fine. Hope it stays that way!
    i think alot of people forget this phone runs on the internet. at some times there are alot of people on at the same time, it affects my home computer so i have no delusions that it wouldnt affect my phone too. i also reboot my phone every day. i know some people on here die everytime they have to wait a few minutes to use their phone, but it really does help.. it is as stated above a computer