Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Hello I am having an issue with, i think it is called the "carrier string". Anyway as you can see in this pic the word GOAT is in the upper left hand corner of the screen where it used to say sprint...

I know that when you install themes some of them have that custom made like the Palm Signature says "Palm Signature" in the same place. I noticed that after i had the one that says GOAT up there that it seems to be stuck there! I tried uninstalling the theme and it is still there... after the uninstall i tried installing "Palm Signature" since i knew that one had something diff up there and it doesn't matter what I do I can't get rid of it...

I also went to WebOS Quickinstall and tried to go through the Themer there and get rid of it by "Reverting to default" theme... that didn't work!

How do I get rid of that "GOAT" up there and at least get back to the "Sprint" or whatever theme I have installed?

Yes I know that to do new themes you have to uninstall old ones first and I did that!

Thanks in advance!
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    search for a program called webos repair utility download it and then run it. that should take care of it.
    That would be cool if you owned a GTO.
    That's awesome.
    Would be even better if it said "Goatse"
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeplessjoe View Post
    search for a program called webos repair utility download it and then run it. that should take care of it.
    oh yeah, duh, I have that already too... Will it find the problen or do I have to do something special?
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    Quote Originally Posted by plcd22 View Post
    oh yeah, duh, I have that already too... Will it find the problen or do I have to do something special?
    you need to open the menu and use the override option but it will remove all tweaks and patches as well
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    HAhaha thats pretty funny. Sorry I have nothing else to contribute.
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    There used to be a GOAT in the forum. I wonder where its hiding.
    i lol'd.
    Wow....you know....that really gets my GOAT!
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Little GTO, you know you're look'n fine, 3 duces and a 4 speed and a three eighty nine.....
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you need to open the menu and use the override option but it will remove all tweaks and patches as well
    ok tried to run the repair utility but wasn't compatible so I clicked the Override and still not compatible... saw that it said download current version of the Doctor so that is what it is doing right now 15% completed so far
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    done downloading the doctor and this is is the message that I get...
    ?????

WebOS 1.3.5.1
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    did the phone show menu option and then you 'just charged'?

well, I would restart the computer with the phone plugged in. I usually had problems with novacom
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    did the phone show menu option and then you 'just charged'?

well, I would restart the computer with the phone plugged in. I usually had problems with novacom

well i have the patch that takes it to "Just Charge by Default".

Also I "reinstalled" the novacom thing and it said that it worked! but I can try a restart, not like I have anything to loose at this point
    all you have to do its run the emergency patch recovery in preware and it will go away. Trust me
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    all you have to do its run the emergency patch recovery in preware and it will go away. Trust me
    I was thinkin that... Seems like I will have to reinstall my 35 patches either way, shoulda just tried that as it was my first thought :/
    Quote Originally Posted by plcd22 View Post
    I was thinkin that... Seems like I will have to reinstall my 35 patches either way, shoulda just tried that as it was my first thought :/
    sorry, same thing happened to me like 4 days a go with the droid theme and when it was done restarting the pre was fully stock no need of the dr loll
    the pre looked fully stock**
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast