1.    #1  
    what do you think: when paid app's catalogue launch in march, would Pre owners in unofficial countries *still* be up the creek without a paddle ?
    I happen to think so. Being in Denmark I can't even get the official Palm Facebook app. I know there are other cliens for facebook, it's not the point. The point is: even if the app is free, being in a unofficial Palm country, it cannot be downloaded.

But what do you think ? Is the assumption wrong?
    I really hope they cater for you guys. It's not amusing for you spending all that money on a Palm device and then being unable to use it properly. My gut feeling is that somehow, eventually, you'll be able to get apps (maybe free, maybe paid). But I don't know when. Time will tell I guess - good luck!
  3.    #3  
    Maybe this could be a stickie ??
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    If we can't access paid apps, my phone is for sale.
    I don't actually think palm will do this, it would only encourage (speed up) the piracy / hacking of apps. As the music industry has found, there is no point in fighting the internet. Make everything easily available, and charge a fair price for it, goes a long way towards fighting piracy.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    I really hope they cater for you guys. It's not amusing for you spending all that money on a Palm device and then being unable to use it properly. My gut feeling is that somehow, eventually, you'll be able to get apps (maybe free, maybe paid). But I don't know when. Time will tell I guess - good luck!
    Thanks, always nice to read some understanding words from a fellow Pre user.

The frustrating bit for us early adopters is that the App Catalog actually worked fine up until new years eve and then dropped from a steady increasing number down to zero.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    I don't actually think palm will do this, it would only encourage (speed up) the piracy / hacking of apps. As the music industry has found, there is no point in fighting the internet. Make everything easily available, and charge a fair price for it, goes a long way towards fighting piracy.
    If that is the case, then why are Palm eg. making it impossible to download a free app like the Facebook app ? You ca not download it unless you're using an "official" country Sim card ? Just womdering what that would be good for then ?
    (I only found out about it because of the "100 mill. users" article on Precentral)