1.    #1  
    I got back from a trip to Vegas a couple of weeks ago for what for me was the first real test of my Pre's camera. I met up with a friend and relatives that had their own digital cameras and I had my Pre, and in several instances the pictures that I took with my phone were as good, if not better than the ones with the real digital cameras. At one point we were on top of the Eiffel tower when the Bellagio fountain show started and we all went to town with pictures and video. Some props I have to give the Pre:

The shutter speed is great! I was able to take 3-4 pics in the time that it took the full cameras to take 1 or 2.

Zoom, though it would be nice to have isn't necessary. A little patience and using something to steady the phone will greatly improve your pictures.

There were several "wish list" items that I discovered while I was out there too...

Video would be nice, should be remedied soon.

Camera Zoom, like I said, especially when the video recorder comes out will probably be wanted more.

Picture management on the Pre. It would be nice to manage what catalog(folder) my pictures are saved to on the Pre itself. I still use Switcharoo free because I'm a cheapskate and have my selected photos that I want as wallpaper in my Wallpaper folder. It is an inconvenience to have to connect to my computer just to add a new photo to my folder when it seems like I should be able to move it on the phone itself.

Finally, the big one which is probably asking a lot. Some form of picture editor. I'd be happy with the basics, just cropping, brightness, etc... but can live without if it would cause too much sacrifice for other features or apps on the phone.
    just internalz to switch your pictures around on the phone. this is what i do, gives you the option to open them so u can see what it is nd if its the image u want then hit copy or move nd put it in whatever folder you want.
  3.    #3  
    I've been trying to hold off on patches again until 1.4 comes out but will check it out after the update.
    This thread is worthless without pics..
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    This thread is worthless without pics..
    Haha very true.

On another note going back to zoom for a sec. I know digital zoom sux and really shouldn't be used, but sometimes I wish I could zoom just to make sure I'm taking a clear enough shot of the object I'm trying to focus on. For those times like when I see a silly license plate while on the road.(when I'm stopped at a light of course =D )
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Haha very true.

On another note going back to zoom for a sec. I know digital zoom sux and really shouldn't be used, but sometimes I wish I could zoom just to make sure I'm taking a clear enough shot of the object I'm trying to focus on. For those times like when I see a silly license plate while on the road.(when I'm stopped at a light of course =D )
    LOL, so you're that guy I've seen several people take pics of my license plate. Always makes me giggle. My license plate is simply "Be Silly"
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    LOL, so you're that guy I've seen several people take pics of my license plate. Always makes me giggle. My license plate is simply "Be Silly"
    Haha I've gotten pictures of licenses plates like "EUREKA" or "CHOWMEIN" to name a few.
    Smartphones are meant to be phones first, the camera function is way down the list of priorities. Even the least inexpensive pocket zoom cameras put even the best smartphone cameras to shame, to make the smartphones compete with these inexpensive point and shoot cameras (zoom and extensive menus) would make them waaay to big and expensive. With that being said, the Pre takes pretty nice pictures as long as there is plenty of light.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    With that being said, the Pre takes pretty nice pictures as long as there is plenty of light.
    +1 +1 +1

Low light shows the noise (very grainy and darker than I'd like) big time! Its almost useless indoors unless you have a serious light behind you ...
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)