Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Great Thread

Still getting used to the Pre.....main things I'm adjusting to is the keyboard which I'm getting more used to, I am getting used to the slight lag when going in and out of applications, and my Storm 2 had a KILLER camera with Auto Focus, and macro.

The main things I will DEFINITELY miss is having all my messages including SMS/MMS and Email in one view. The Green and Red Status Light, battery life, and Verizons Visual Voicemail. Those are things I liked but weren't deal breakers.

Other than that, Nothing beats the Pre's internet....such a great thing to have, and I am REALLY looking forward to having it with Flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    trackball, keyboard, sound profiles (ability to assign different alerts to different system tasks), ability to program the phone to turn off for various periods of time, LED indicators, ability to import directly from iTunes!!!!!!!
    are you talking about audio files? Beecause you can use third party software like double twist.
    Quote Originally Posted by friguy3 View Post
    Just cam from a Tour and miss...

--LED notifications (with BerryBuzz) so I could look and see what I have waiting
    --Sound profiles (and auto changing with Sound Profiler) Why and how is this not on WebOS????
    --Ability to easily customize sounds/notifications (and repeat notifications with BerryBuzz, ie, SMS repeats every 5min with x sound and flashes green, email repeats every 15min with y sound and flashes yellow...)
    --Facebook app and notifications
    --Keyboard (getting used to it on the Pre but still no where close)
    --Battery Life (could go an entire day without any fear of my battery draining) with push email that doesnt drain the battery
    --BBM

Dont get me wrong, I LOVE the pre, just miss some things...

Pretty much dead on!! I miss these things.. but DONT miss the browser or having to pay for the BES buy-up!
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Blackberry Storm, missed nothing,
    I hear this alot from Storm owners.
    I'm in a bit on a unique position with a few others here to have both a Pre (personal) and BBerry Curve (work) currently.

I've been using my Curve for 2 years now and have only had my Pre for about two weeks. So far it's been a pretty easy to switch between devices throughout the day. Things I miss when using the Pre, though:

1) Customized vibrate functions. My BB has one vibrate for reminders/calendar entries, etc., 2 vibrate for text msgs, VMs, BBMessenger msgs, etc. Maybe there's a patch for customized vibration functionality I haven't found yet for the Pre?

2) LED notifier - though the current LED notification patch for Pre is better than nothing (still not great though).

3) Keyboard - While the Pre keyboard isn't terrible, it is a bit shallow. My wife has a Pixi, and while that KB is clickier, it's still not in league with my BB. This isn't just a dig against Palm devices, though. I've used multiple Palm and WinMo devices over the past few years and nothing can match the BB keyboard. RIM's just got this one nailed.

4) Keyboard functions - This is one thing we CAN fix with a patch that would be great. On the BB a double spacebar after a sentence creates a period + space, and holding a letter automatically capitalizes it. These simple functions would make the Pre a lot nicer to type on for me, especially since I'm constantly switching back and forth.

With that said, the number of things I like better about the Pre are too numerous to mention. The things it is able to do (with much help from the Homebrew community!) are so far beyond the BB it's not even funny. My BB is a workhouse for cranking out email and staying immediately up-to-date on business. The Pre, well that's for everything else.

If I HAD to pick only one for biz and personal use, I would pick the Pre, though it's email, in terms of raw get-it-done-now functionality, is VERY far behind. Then again, that's not what the Pre is designed for, hence two phones.

T
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    you were pretty much mirroring my thoughts. i changed a couple.
    Def add in the double space bar for period. Nice addition! Plus the dictionary so you can change a misspelled word and know when something is misspelled.

And the hold for caps function, why do we need the hold to repeat function, I get so many accidental double letters its insane. If I could just turn off the repeat function Id do it in a heartbeat. Is there a way?!?!?

The BBM thing for me personally was the couple people I talk to the most are on blackberry and it was so much easier to get to the conversation and talk then getting to the TXT thread in the pre (although not THAT much more, just being nit picky) plus you can tell if theyve read the msg or not...no ignoring me!!!
    Last edited by friguy3; 02/12/2010 at 04:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    i had the 8830
    missed the build quality and battery life
    nothing more
    spell check
    With the Blackberry, you can import iTunes playlists directly to it, without having to do anything else. So whatever I put on my iPod I could put on my phone. Very simple, no need to monkey around with third party apps. It's all done from the Blackberry Media Sync.

Quote Originally Posted by mullrat View Post
    are you talking about audio files? Beecause you can use third party software like double twist.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    I miss nothing about my Blackberry, I still have and use it. The only thing that the Pre does over my Blackberry Storm2 is the internet browser and directly connects to my Army EAS 2010 without a middleman server. Once Blackberry releases their webkit browser the only thing that they will be missing is the EAS without the need for a BES.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Absolutely nothing but then again the last blackberry I had was a Pearl.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    The only thing I miss is being able to copy and paste anything on a web page.
    I miss beejive and google maps. I came from a Pearl
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    battery life and BBM. Oh and Poynt.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trakslacker View Post

4) Keyboard functions - This is one thing we CAN fix with a patch that would be great. On the BB a double spacebar after a sentence creates a period + space, and holding a letter automatically capitalizes it. These simple functions would make the Pre a lot nicer to type on for me, especially since I'm constantly switching back and forth.
    I'm constantly hitting double spacebar for period. the iPhone uses double spacebar as well.
    Battery life, text dictionary (not so much for spell check, but I had a ton of short cuts!), copy & paste text from the web, and that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
    Coming from a Curve 8900, I just miss the battery life, facebook app and the amazing sound I got from the external speakers.
    i've gone back and forth between a Pre and BB Tour and i've settled on the Pre. my Tour was a great device: great keyboard, multi colored LED notifications (with BerryBuzz) for different things like email, sms, bbm etc.

i only had two other people i know who use BBM so thats not a big deal. i just feel the BBerry OS is getting outdated, the Pre has flash support coming very soon and has a much better web browser. The battery life on my Tour changed everytime there was an OS update and random things would cause it to crash like a PRL update or if i lost signal while talking.

they are both great devices and great platforms and both do everything i need in a phone, i just think that WebOS is more fun to use
    My Pre

I'm stuck using my Curve 8330 while my Pre is being repaired. I really miss using webOS.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaywaller View Post
    I'm constantly hitting double spacebar for period. the iPhone uses double spacebar as well.
    Me too!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Coming from a storm, I ONLY miss battery life, BBM, and sound profile. Those are all small prices to pay for a phone that actually has a solid OS, Storm blows!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast