Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I downloaded it with high hopes but I really can't use it. Its very slow, and not accurate at all. For me the spacebar barely works. It glitches up my apps and never goes away unless I close the card
    Huh, I guess you may very well be.

I LOVE it, and use it almost exclusively..

for email, texts, web, I love it..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindication84 View Post
    I downloaded it with high hopes but I really can't use it. Its very slow, and not accurate at all. For me the spacebar barely works. It glitches up my apps and never goes away unless I close the card
    I'm sure you are not alone but for me, I love it and use it for text messages mostly..and some email depending. It does have some issues but I have gotten used to it and can type just as fast with it as I do with the real keyboard. But to each their own. I do not run into your problem with it not going away though, I can see that bothering me but I have had no issues really.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Huh, I guess you may very well be.

I LOVE it, and use it almost exclusively..

for email, texts, web, I love it..
    I occasionally use my VK, but when using it on the web, the backspace key still doesn't work, do you still have this issue too?
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I don't hate it but i feel like it bogs things down and I OFTEN end up with it stuck on screen and can't get rid of it. I appreciate all the work that's gone into it but for me it's just not good enough. I don't even have it installed anymore. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I occasionally use my VK, but when using it on the web, the backspace key still doesn't work, do you still have this issue too?
    Thats not a problem with the keyboard, just the way WebOS is programmed (so I have read) and there is nothing that can really be done to fix that as of yet.
    Works great for me.
    There are could be times it does act funky, but I recently doctored mine, and it hasn't given me much/no probs.

Hell, I say doctor it once the full 1.4 download comes out. I always do
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    yeah, that too
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jokerzwyld77 View Post
    Thats not a problem with the keyboard, just the way WebOS is programmed (so I have read) and there is nothing that can really be done to fix that as of yet.
    well that sucks. Palm just needs to give in and make us an optional VK
    I'm not a big fan of VK's, nothing replaces a real keyboard IMO, but it is nice when in landscape mode and we all appreciate the hard work that the Preware commmunity puts in to make our Pre's experience better!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    dude. Chill. I'm not being a troll. I appreciate the work that went into it.. I'm just confused that everyone talks about how great of a keyboatd it is when its problematic for me. I figuref it may have been a problem with my pre. Everyone else is responding calmly. Don't get your panties in a bunch

It was problematic for me as well. I simply removed it and no longer use it.
    then why don't you just change the title of the post....

that's the part that's inflammatory...
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post

ok, agreed. my bad.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post

how do I change it?
    how do I change it?
    I think only a mod can do it.

I have only installed it once, a few OS updates ago. I only installed to check it out. I had issues with a few apps, but it seems like messaging worked fine with it. I will probably try it again when if is updated for 1.4, or before if it doesn't come out Monday.
    Hate is pretty strong language for a labor of love like the VK project.

That said, I tried it for a while, and found I preferred the hardware keyboard.

The VK seemed laggy enough that it didn't really save me time vs. opening the hardware keyboard, and I made far fewer mistakes on the hardware version too.

Everyone's mileage differs; as you're seeing, lots of folks love the VK.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    i'd rather see a number pad styled vk with t9. Did we move beyond that already? Unless there is a patent problem...

It would save a lot of screen space for the pre.
    I hate all virtual keyboards. My wife has an instink errr I mean instinct and I hate having to use that phone when she wants me to SMS while she is driving.
    theres a reason its not officially on the pre
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidxit2 View Post
    I hate all virtual keyboards. My wife has an instink errr I mean instinct and I hate having to use that phone when she wants me to SMS while she is driving.
    ha yeah well the difference is that the instinct uses a resistive screen and its not qwerty
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast