Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    theres a reason its not officially on the pre
    whys that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindication84 View Post
    ha yeah well the difference is that the instinct uses a resistive screen and its not qwerty
    yeah it's a qwerty
    ha yeah well the difference is that the instinct uses a resistive screen and its not qwerty
    Its a qwety keyboard but the function keys are all over the place and every virtual keyboard I have used is just no good for me.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine03 View Post
    yeah it's a qwerty
    well if yyou put it in landscape, yeah but the porteait one is ABC. my friend has one and dit sucks- (tyoed on vk)
    sorry I tell vindication84....just frustrated about certain pre haters out there.....
    I have the virtual keyboard, but for typing quick or for long periods of time I still use the physical keyboard. Only time I use the VKB is when I'm lying in bed because it's hard to type on a physical keyboard when I'm lying on my back all comfy
    If you hate it so much why don't you make a better one? The developers spent a lot of time on the VK and are constantly updating any major functionality issues with it. It's not perfect, but neither is WebOS I wouldn't be surprised if performance updates to WebOS will also improve the VK as well.
    whys that?
    they didn't prefect it and the is a hardware one for you to use and the screen is a bit too small
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    sorry I tell vindication84....just frustrated about certain pre haters out there.....
    I'm not a pre hater.. I love my pre and its the best damn phone I've ever owned. It was a poor choice of words on my part.. I wish a mod would change the title.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    If you hate it so much why don't you make a better one? The developers spent a lot of time on the VK and are constantly updating any major functionality issues with it. It's not perfect, but neither is WebOS I wouldn't be surprised if performance updates to WebOS will also improve the VK as well.
    did you read the whole thread?
    Now, about the VK, I give lots of credit to the developer but I downloaded it and had some issues with it that the developer admitted to be bugs and he indicated that he is going to fix it. I uninstalled it and will try it once these issues are fixed.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 02/12/2010 at 02:22 PM.
    i downloaded it at first to try it out. it is a little slow so i decided not to use it.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I agree wit htabbach.. You contradicted yourself by saying if you don't like something then don't use it... After you reply to his thread with so much anger for posting.. Like you said yourself if you don't like something don't use, if you don't like his post/thread just keep the screen scrooling and choose something else..
    I tried it but was not happy with the glitches so I deleted it for now. Maybe in the future if the kinks could be worked out. I love the idea & appreciate all the work put into it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Exactly, nothing is perfect but everyone has the right to express their opinion without someone like you giveing them a hard time. I am sure the company that built your car put lots of effort in doing so, does that prevent you the right to talk about your car?

You are not the developer so don't speak on his behalf!
  16.    #36  
    Ok ok.. I think it's time to stop. Though I do not agree with the way those two reacted (Kyusaku and powerbyte), they are right in that "hate" was a poor choice in words. I don't hate the VK; as a matter of fact I think it's alright: I use it from time to time and haven't deleted it yet. It's not my intent to have a flame war over this so if someone could please change the title of the thread to "Am I the only one who has problems with the Virtual Keyboard from Preware?" that'd be great.
    for people who have had issues with not being able to get the keyboard to go away, i remember the developer (I think his name is Eric G.) mentioning in another thread that there is a bug that requires you to put the cursor back into the original field that it was in when you brought it up in order to close it. if you touch outside of the field or type in another filed it will not close.

hopefully this makes things a little easier on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    then why don't you just change the title of the post....

that's the part that's inflammatory...
    Ah so you are one bad title away from being a troll.

Got it.

I don't use the VK. It is slick, but to be honest my big thumbs need a bigger screen. After all, if I wanted a VK to use all the time, I would have gotten an iphone. I have the pre because I like the physical keyboard.

It's a huge achievement, especially since I followed the development from the beginning, but it's just not something I use.
    My pre is like caffeine. If I don't have it in the morning I think something is wrong with me, and I need it all throughout the day to make it
    I tried it a couple times myself. The problem is there is one place I REALLY want to use it...and thats in the web browser in landscape. But the danged API simply doesn't allow it.

If palm ever updates the API so the VK guys can make that backspace work in the browser I'll be all over it.

I want to echo the sentiment that even though it doesn't meet my needs, I still greatly appreciate the work being done by the VK peeps.
    the keyboard is hoky and a bit of a hack to say the least, but I give props to the dev team that created it, as they boldly went where others would not. Each release gets better and better, but it is still not ready for the masses.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast