1. BJB
    I remember some strangeness like this with my 755P.

My phone switch is not on vibrate...and my ringer volume is up.

My system sounds work, and if I move the slider I hear the preview.

However my ringer volumes will not preview when I go to the list (no sound at all although the button switches to a "stop" from a "play"). And if I move the ringer volume I do not get the preview of my currently selected ringer.

Finally, when call comes in, it seems like now it is only playing my ringtone once...vs. repeating. And one call, I know it did not ring at all.

I think with my 755P I had to do a soft reboot to get ringer sound back once in a while.

Is it the same with the Pre? Or is there some obscure setting I am missing?

BJB

Safest way to do a soft reset? Have not had to do one yet....

Thanks,
    BJB
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I'm not sure about your sounds. However a restart is simple. Hold down the power button for a few seconds. A menu will pop up "Airplane Mode", "Power", "Cancel". Select Power. A new menu will pop up "Restart", "Shut Down/Swap Battery", "Cancel". Select Restart. This is a full phone restart and the easiest for the Pre novice to initiate.

Report back on sound problems once you complete this. Good luck
    I believe the preview sound is tied in with the music volume, so even though your ringer volume is turned up your music could be off.

As far as your ring once I really dont have any clue what that could be.
  4. BJB
    Checked music....no sound there either even though volume is up. Just like the Treo and that music player and ringer issue!

I guess I could try a reboot.

BJB
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    This happens to me quite alot. I just restart it, and it fixes.
  6. BJB
    You are correct...the restart fixes it. I find it kind of funny (or sad) that an OS 10 years newer has the same issue as my trusty old Palms of yore!

BJB
    Me too...No music and the ringer only rings once then vib. But I can hear the games fine. Just restarted as described above and it works fine now...?