Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I want to download the Vk and maybe some games.. But does it really suck battery juice? Also will it kill my pre when 1.4 comes Monday?
    Last edited by ShArK WTF; 02/12/2010 at 11:27 AM.
    Live the Pre life.
  3.    #3  
    What?
    Live the Pre life.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Use the search.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShArK *** View Post
    I want to download the Vk and maybe some games.. But does it really suck battry juice? Also will it kill my pre when 1.4 comes monday?
    I understand the hesitance but seriously, go for it. There is no solid proof that it effects battery life in any way and with the way the new patches are built, you shouldnt even need to remove them before updating. And even if you do not want to go through that, before you install the update you can run a patch that will take off all of your patches for you..then you can update....and then reinstall your patches.

I LOVE Preware and I am very thankful that we have it to use, dont be afraid..Many of us use it and are very happy with the way it performs.

Thats my opinion ayways, good luck.
    Be not afraid!
    Preware is the best thing that has happened to the Pre since sliced bread! (is that the expression?)

The VK, it does work, pretty good.

Battery Life, it won't change that much until you install some crazy apps that run all the time... in normal use it will be the same

And, when 1.4 comes out, it will NOT kill your pre because of the Auto Update Patch Technology, it will remove any patch you have, update your phone, and then reapply any patch that shall be available for 1.4

Not to worry

And, if something ever were to go wrong, there's always the webOS Doctor that will fix everything

Go and try preware, you won't regret it!
  7.    #7  
    So all the patchs are okay to have when you update?
    Live the Pre life.
    I want to download the Vk and maybe some games.. But does it really suck battery juice? Also will it kill my pre when 1.4 comes Monday?
    Well, if you really have concerns, I would seriously wait until 1.4 drops, then start getting involved. I don't know if it will be Monday or not, I would like to think it is, but honestly you do not want to give yourself an ulcer worrying about the possible implications.

Also, directly about your concerns. The update is a possible (my feeling is very small) issue, but as far as performance and battery concerns I think there should be none.

I have been using Preware since two days after getting my Pre and I have no concerns whatsoever.
    So all the patchs are okay to have when you update?
    As far as we know...I will read some about it when the update comes to see how it went for people but they way it is now, leaving them on should be perfectly fine.
    Preware has actually improved my battery life, been using the Powersaving Smartreflex 500 patch since Nov. Preware is easy to install/use, just follow the simple instructions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  11.    #11  
    Well I wont download any patchs. I will just be geting the games and other apps like the VK. So on monday I dont need to use any Auto Update Patch Technology because I have not and wont use patchs. True?
    Live the Pre life.
    Go for it!

LOVE the Preware! Best thing in cell phones since the Bag phone
    Well I wont download any patchs. I will just be geting the games and other apps like the VK. So on monday I dont need to use any Auto Update Patch Technology because I have not and wont use patchs. True?
    Virtual Keyboard is a patch...but it is very simple to remove..just open Preware, go to installed packages and find it, then click uninstall.
  14.    #14  
    Thanks! lol. Well I hope its that easy and 1.4 updates without any problems.
    Live the Pre life.
    I actually found the VK too slow and cumbersom to carry on with.
    However patches in general have transformed my Pre.
    All to their own, but don't give up on patches
    Patches are fine. They go through a quality control check before being released. The only type of patch to avoid is themes if you're worried about the possibility of messing up anything and not being able to revert. I myself am running a theme that I have uninstalled/reinstalled and it is fine.
    It does drain your battery, that is a fact.

When you have Preware installed you tend to install more apps and patches and then you use your Pre more often and for longer periods which of course will have an impact on your battery.
    I myself am addicted to preware :P, always checking for updates, themes, apps, ext, as that is what Preware does best, serves up great work in such an easy manner.

But if your still worried, like Mikey47 advised, I would just wait for 1.4 to hit than go nuts.
  19.    #19  
    Hey one more question... What is "enable landscape messaging palm pre" ???
    Live the Pre life.
    The screen will rotate sideways like when you watch a youtube video. Great feature.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast