Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That allows you to flip your pre side ways to respond to text messages with the virtual key in landscape mode. Nice touch
  2.    #22  
    So I need the Vk to use it? or does it come With its own VK? Sorry for all the questions..lol
    Live the Pre life.
    No prob man, the VK is a separate patch. easy to install/remove by....you guessed it....Preware
  4.    #24  
    So having the landscape patch is pointless if you dont have the VK?
    Live the Pre life.
    Pretty much, remember, patches are that, patches, not really introducing a large amount of combined features, hell than it will be a standalone messaging app lol.

I'm usre they can combine patches, but I would imagine its best to leave it up to the users
  6.    #26  
    Sounds cool. I need to download that then. I just wish there was a way where we can update webos with out needing to remove them or anything like that.
    Live the Pre life.
    ? You don't need to remove your patches before updating anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ShArK *** View Post
    Sounds cool. I need to download that then. I just wish there was a way where we can update webos with out needing to remove them or anything like that.
    That is true, just recently though, it was common practice to remove it before updating.
    This will be our first time I believe at testing this patch updating plan. Hope it works!
    The Preware developers have had 1.4 at their disposal for testing, and as stated by the developers, has been thoughly tested with the updated patches.
    Yup Yup....so

Monday rite?? lol
    nothing to be scared about...

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by ShArK *** View Post
    I not wanting to be rude, but you've not read up much about Preware or patches have you ?

Almost everything you say is then corrected by someone. I'm not surprised you are worried, you have not done any research

BTW "So having the landscape patch is pointless if you dont have the VK? ", no it's not pointless, as it allows you to read your messages in widescreen with bigger text
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyg417 View Post
    It does drain your battery, that is a fact.

When you have Preware installed you tend to install more apps and patches and then you use your Pre more often and for longer periods which of course will have an impact on your battery.

Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    I not wanting to be rude, but you've not read up much about Preware or patches have you ?

Almost everything you say is then corrected by someone. I'm not surprised you are worried, you have not done any research

BTW "So having the landscape patch is pointless if you dont have the VK? ", no it's not pointless, as it allows you to read your messages in widescreen with bigger text
    @ShArk *** As Chas said, you need to do a lot of reading about Preware/patches and danny is spot on about the only relationship of Preware to battery drain.

But seriously and simplistically, Preware does not run continously and therefore cannot effect battery drain. It's purpose, in relation to patches, is to make alterations to (patch) the targetted programs to alter their behaviour. The effect of individual patches on battery drain etc depend on exactly what code changes the patch author has made.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2040315

Edit: The word censorship of this board is getting ridiculous. How on earth can acronyms be offensive. Amusing that in a username it's okay but not in the body of a message.
    Last edited by johncc; 02/12/2010 at 05:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Edit: The word censorship of this board is getting ridiculous. How on earth can acronyms be offensive. Amusing that in a username it's okay but not in the body of a message.
    *** are you talking about?
    Go for it. Stock Pre is lame compared to a Pre with Preware and some patches installed. I haven't had any issues with stability or battery life worth mentioning.

I like being able to hide my launch bar and shrink the icon size down to 4x4.

Also, it's no big deal when the new Web OS comes out. It only takes a few minutes to uninstall the patches and themes if you need to before upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by shamus_1976 View Post

.... It only takes a few minutes to uninstall the patches and themes if you need to before upgrade.
    The advent of AUPT in Preware means that patches do not have to be uninstalled before updating. (themes yes)
    Read as much as you can about Preware and patches on the forums here. There is alot info available out there to help answer any questions you might have. After you're done reading I say go for it! And if you mess something up you can always come back to the forums here and ask questions. There are always alot of people here that are more than happy to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkisme View Post
    There are always alot of people here that are more than happy to help.
    Particularly if there is some evidence that you tried to help yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Be not afraid!
    Preware is the best thing that has happened to the Pre since sliced bread! (is that the expression?)
    Don't fear the Preware
    (you can be like they are)
    La la la la la
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12