1.    #1  
    Alright so while I was reading a post By Jason Robitaille titled "MyTether Hits a Landmark v2.1.0" he states that "Version 2.1.0 will now be installable and uninstallable via WebOS Quick Install and Preware." I was so excited to see it in preware, but guess what, its not there... any body else not see MyTehter in Preware?

I have not re-installed MyTether since i doctored my Pre after updating to 1.3.5 and forgetting to run EPR and then corrupting the IPKG status file.

so as read this I thought how convenient!!! Not so fast, nothing is ever easy.
    i haven't seen it in preware yet myself but i would strongly recommend waiting until 1.4 comes out to install mytether.

mytether can cause a lot of problems, especially if you used older versions with patching. the new version is much better, but i'd still wait a few more days just to be safe.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I think the comment in regards to preware was that now with the way aonic has recoded mytether and its service preware can now uninstall it.

Before if I'm not mistaken only the app part of mytether could be uninstalled and the service was hidden.

I also believe that he used those as the standard when it comes to installing home brew and mytether is now compatible with webosQI and preware not likely we will see it in there unless it is the free version minus the wifi part..
    It was never said that the app itself would be in Preware. The comment was simply stating that the App now conforms to the same install/uninstall standards that any app in Preware does.

I don't believe the DEV has any plans on making the App available for free through Preware.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by kquaken View Post
    Alright so while I was reading a post By Jason Robitaille titled "MyTether Hits a Landmark v2.1.0" he states that "Version 2.1.0 will now be installable and uninstallable via WebOS Quick Install and Preware." I was so excited to see it in preware, but guess what, its not there... any body else not see MyTehter in Preware?

I have not re-installed MyTether since i doctored my Pre after updating to 1.3.5 and forgetting to run EPR and then corrupting the IPKG status file.

so as read this I thought how convenient!!! Not so fast, nothing is ever easy.
    MyTether is a commercial application which has not been submitted to any of the feeds which Preware publishes.

So whilst it now (thanks to my intervention) complies with the packaging standards to allow it to be installed and uninstalled by Preware or WebOS Quick Install, the choice of whether it shall be distributed for free is still up to the author.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals