1.    #1  
    Is this possible? I know certain patches (add launcher pages/enable led notifications) attach themselves to the Palm profile, is their a way to get rid of them? I have turned off Backups and erased my Profile when prompted, but even on a brand-new phone, these patches are still there... Is there a way to completely delete Profile data short of starting a new Profile?
    I doubt that patches stay with the profile. You might still have LED notifications on (because you never turned them off), but the option to turn them on/off isn't there, and thats all the patch does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    I doubt that patches stay with the profile.
    Some patches, like additional launcher pages, do get backed up via your Palm profile. This is well documented on the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane350 View Post
    I have turned off Backups and erased my Profile when prompted, but even on a brand-new phone, these patches are still there...
    Interesting. I always assumed this would do the trick. Clearly Palm is still retaining some data after a profile backup has been deleted. Sneaky buggers!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    I doubt that patches stay with the profile. You might still have LED notifications on (because you never turned them off), but the option to turn them on/off isn't there, and thats all the patch does.
    Certain patches stay with profile, there are several threads to that affect... I started a new topic to see if anyone knew how to completely clean a Palm Profile short of starting a new one
    I think if you turn back up off and then back on its supposed to clear your profile.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Do a full erase from your device. This will clean out your USB drive so make sure to move/copy what you want to keep.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I think if you turn back up off and then back on its supposed to clear your profile.
    This is what I tried on my new phone that I received from the Sprint store... maybe it was a return and I got a Homebrewers phone! Anyways, I have had backup turned off and erased a long time ago... Well, I'm moving to Verizon with a new Pre Plus today, heres hoping all goes well