1.    #1  
    Hi!
    I searched but did not find anything about this problem:
    is it only me or does the wallpaper revert to default (orange corals or whatever it is) after rebooting the pre?

note: wallpaper lies on the /media/internal
    Last edited by ahsirg; 02/12/2010 at 04:38 PM.
    A few questions for you:

- Does your custom background have any unusual characters in the file name?
    - Is the file name particularly long?
    - Try using a different custom background - does it still revert after reset?
    - Is this a recent thing, or did your device always behave like this?
  3.    #3  
    It is called "5.jpg", it lies in /media/internal/wallpapers and it is one of the default pre wallpapers.

And sorry i misled you, the wallpaper resets NO MATTER what picture i select (/media/internal or iTunes uploaded one)
    Last edited by ahsirg; 02/12/2010 at 04:38 PM.
    Manage to fix this?
    Same here. Wallpaper always revert to default after reset. I'ts maybe because I did full erase, and my usb drive was erased too. I've losted all wallpapers except "corals", and then I've copied it from internet.
  6.    #6  
    After I doctored, I never had this problem again. Dunno what happened then
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I have this issue also, but it's probably because i'm using a meta-doctored version of 1.4.1.1. The 'remove carrier check' option removes all carrier-specific content, including wallpapers and ringtones. I don't have this issue on a stock install.
    Anyone know how to fix this?
    I had this problem too, and then I realized that I had installed Mode Switcher before changing the wallpaper. This tool has a setting for wallpaper in each mode - you need to change this to your chosen wallpaper for the "default mode" to ensure that it persists on restart.

I hope this helps someone...
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hippykid29 View Post
    I had this problem too, and then I realized that I had installed Mode Switcher before changing the wallpaper. This tool has a setting for wallpaper in each mode - you need to change this to your chosen wallpaper for the "default mode" to ensure that it persists on restart.

I hope this helps someone...
    Thanks! This did help me. I was having the same issue, and it was because I have Mode Switcher installed. I adjusted my settings, and my wallpaper is working like it's supposed to now.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Hmm I've been having this problem too for about 3 days but I've never installed mode switcher or any wallpaper changing app in my life.

Any more potential fixes?
    Had this for a while. Annoying as hell. Doctored a few times for other reasons. Never happened again.
    Don't know why.

Edit: didn't have any of that either.
    I'm experiencing this issue as well, along with my ringtone resetting to Pre, strange.
    Last edited by NachoB; 07/06/2010 at 08:24 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I've been troubleshooting this issue and believe I've found the cause.

Troubleshooting process I performed:

-Removed F105 kernel (recently updated) - wallpaper and ringtone still change back to default
    -Removed Govnah (recently updated) - wallpaper and ringtone still change back to default
    -Removed Preset Reset (after installing this last Friday is when I noticed the issue) - wallpaper and ringtone still change back to default
    -Removed Mode Switcher and its associated patch - wallpaper and ringtone still change back to default
    -Removed Wallpaper Switcharoo - wallpaper and ringtone still change back to default
    -Turned Developer Mode back on - wallpaper and ringtone still change back to default

-Removed Keyboss and Userspace Input Module (recently installed) - SUCCESS, wallpaper and ringtone remained as/is prior to reboot (rebooted 3 times to make sure)

-Reinstalled Userspace Input Module - wallpaper and ringtone remained as/is prior to reboot (rebooted 3 times to make sure - total of 6 reboots at this point)

-Reinstalled KeyBoss - FAIL, wallpaper and ringtone revert back to default after initial reboot. Changed wallpaper and ringtone, rebooted again, and both revert back to default.

-Removed KeyBoss - SUCCESS Wallpaper and ringtone remained as/is prior to reboot (rebooted 3 times to make sure).

Edit: tested w/out Userspace Input Module installed and only KeyBoss installed - FAIL, wallpaper and ringtone revert back to default after initial reboot. Changed wallpaper and ringtone, rebooted again, and both revert back to default.

So it appears to be an issue with KeyBoss.
    Last edited by NachoB; 07/06/2010 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Added one more test scenario
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Very well diagnosed - I too installed KeyBoss a few days ago. Thanks for spending the time to discover this.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I've been troubleshooting this issue and believe I've found the cause...

...So it appears to be an issue with KeyBoss.
    Thanks, NachoB. I was beginning to suspect that Mode Switcher was not the culprit. I also recently installed KeyBoss, so that appears to be outside confirmation of your tests above.

I'm also running the latest version of the F105 kernel (#69). This is a little off topic, but have you noticed that your sym key does not function? I noticed this after upgrading the kernel to the latest version, but now I'm wondering if it is actually a KeyBoss issue.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    I'll test it since I currently don't have F105 or KeyBoss installed. Let ya know if there's any change after installing them.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I'll test it since I currently don't have F105 or KeyBoss installed. Let ya know if there's any change after installing them.
    Thanks. I uninstalled KeyBoss, and now the Sym key is working fine. (I'm still running F105.) Looks like KeyBoss was to blame here, too.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Troubleshooting procedure:

-Installed KeyBoss w/out Userspace Input Module, stock Palm kernel, and Sym key worked fine for me.

-Uninstalled Keyboss, installed F105, Sym key worked fine for me.

-Installed KeyBoss (w/F105 installed), Sym key worked fine for me.

-Installed Userspace Input Module (w/KeyBoss and F105 installed), Sym key worked fine for me.

-Uninstalled KeyBoss (w/F105 and Userspace Input Module installed), Sym key worked fine for me.

After actually running KeyBoss, with Userspace Input Module and F105 installed my Sym key no longer worked.

I failed to run KeyBoss when it was installed in the other scenarios, slight oversight on my part.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    After actually running KeyBoss, with Userspace Input Module and F105 installed my Sym key no longer worked.
    Thanks again for testing this, NachoB. It looks like the culprit is either KeyBoss or the combination of KeyBoss, Uinput and F105. I can live without KeyBoss and Uinput, but not F105, so my decision is easy.

Rob
    Rob Robinson