Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So what ARE they?

From what I can glean from the Palm website, the ONLY 2 differences I can find are the 16g memory and the availability of Palm Mobile Hotspot, which Im SURE there is a monthly $ hit to have.

I dont even have all my 8 gigs used, and with MyTether I have my mobile hotspot when I need it.

So, am I missing something? What else is different/better/more on the Pre Plus, that the Pre doesnt have,.

(Well other than being on Verizon, where you have to pay and pay and pay ala cart for services, that Sprint bundles together VERY competitively.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    So what ARE they?

From what I can glean from the Palm website, the ONLY 2 differences I can find are the 16g memory and the availability of Palm Mobile Hotspot, which Im SURE there is a monthly $ hit to have.

I dont even have all my 8 gigs used, and with MyTether I have my mobile hotspot when I need it.

So, am I missing something? What else is different/better/more on the Pre Plus, that the Pre doesnt have,.

(Well other than being on Verizon, where you have to pay and pay and pay ala cart for services, that Sprint bundles together VERY competitively.
    A couple other things is that it has more RAM (double I think with 512 mb) and also has no push button on the front screen. It still has the LED light but just no physical button anymore. That is about it.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Verizon also gives 3G service in a LOT of areas where Sprint doesn't. I'm on Sprint because it covers the area I need, but I have lots of family in friends in areas they don't. It's well worth the price if you are in those areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    It still has the LED light but just no physical button anymore. That is about it.
    At Palm, its known as the magic nipple.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    The slider mechanism is also improved.
  6.    #6  
    huh ok, so really nothing to make me drool...

Im still in love with my Pre and Sprint has done me right every single time I have asked for anything

I ♥ Pre!!
    huh ok, so really nothing to make me drool...

Im still in love with my Pre and Sprint has done me right every single time I have asked for anything

I ♥ Pre!!
    The doubling of RAM has been shown to allow you to have many times (x4 ?) more cards open without the 'out of memory' pop up.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    The Palm Pre + is much more snappier for sure. Double the RAM does make a big difference.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    they keyboard is better. the keys are raised up a little more and they click a little stronger
  10.    #10  
    never had any out of memory issues or too many cards open

kb is fine for me . Most times I just use the onscreen vk which is great

so once again don't feel I'm missing a thing
    it will help take your kids to school , do the laundry , and cook dinner.WITHOUT asking it TWICE!!!

nah just kidding... lol just stick with the Pre .. i too find the differences next to nil ... im sure the next iteration will have many more feature upgrades
    never had any out of memory issues or too many cards open

kb is fine for me . Most times I just use the onscreen vk which is great

so once again don't feel I'm missing a thing
    Have you tried to open NFS and 5 more apps at the same time? The Pre+ has no issues with that while the Pre can only handle NFS and maybe 1 more app opened at the same time.
    My phone isn't a gaming console so I dont need it to run a 3d game and other stuff at the same time. While some of the features are nice, nothing earth shattering that makes me want to switch from sprint to VZW (YUCK). Sprint has always done right by me and never been disappointed and the missing button in the gesture area is kind of a turn off for me. Plus I have been messing with my brothers pre for months with no issues or disappointments and I will never go back to VZW.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    it will help take your kids to school , do the laundry , and cook dinner.WITHOUT asking it TWICE!!!

nah just kidding... lol just stick with the Pre .. i too find the differences next to nil ... im sure the next iteration will have many more feature upgrades

hmm, kid is grown, great hubby helps with laundry...

NOW that DINNER thing??? THAT may be a deal WINNER!! HAHAH

Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Have you tried to open NFS and 5 more apps at the same time? The Pre+ has no issues with that while the Pre can only handle NFS and maybe 1 more app opened at the same time.

Well since I have no idea what NFS is, I guess I dont use or care about it. I have had 10+ cards open at once, never had an issue.
    Well since I have no idea what NFS is, I guess I dont use or care about it...
    HA! I knew that was coming.

And you're right. For people like yourself, there's virtually no difference in how the phone's improved functionality will impact your use. But for those who count the milliseconds it takes for an app to open, a card to slide, a web-page to load, then it will make a noticeble difference. Especially when you start opening up many multiple apps at once.

16.    #16  
    Gee guess I have a very easy life then, I dont feel pressed to count and conserve every millisecond of my life..I have a few spare milliseconds for apps to open..
    Unless you are into 3D gaming or you store a large amount of media on your device, the average user will not notice a difference between the 2 phones.
  18.    #18  
    OK, now JUST because I do have these few extra milliseconds in my life..
    HERE is the HUGE difference.. its not in the hardware so to speak, but OMG

THE PRICING PLAN!

I thought ATT was high for the so called coveted iphone, but I think VZ has to take the HIGH PRICED cake award on this one

For 1 Pre Plus and 2 other Smartphones.. 1 being a Droid...

For everything that I get from Sprint for 3 phones I pay a monthly before tax total, of 129.00, and thats phone that includes anytime Mobile, data, pics, text, IM, email, GPS, and with the help of this community, I have MyTether..

Vz does that annoying piece meal, ala carte deal, that just keeps clicking off the meter, and by the time you add it all up, its WAYYY $$$$. Their feature for the Palm Mobile 3g Hotspot, they want a WHOPPING $40 a MONTH for

So grand total, for same stuff I have with Sprint?

$269!

MORE than Double!

I ♥ Pre
    I ♥ Sprint
    I left Verizon back when the Pre was first released. I never looked back. I hate their pricing! Oh well Im sprint for now. IF AT&T gets a GSM Pre then I might look at changing.
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    You got it.

And that, my friend, is why I'll stick with Sprint. Verizon's got much better coverage in my particular area, and their service is also better. But when it comes down to it, money makes the world go 'round, baby! And if you can show me the money, that's where I'll be.

Sprint's got my vote.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast