1.    #1  
    there are 3 things I've really been wanting for my pre and they are

(1) msn messenger built into the IM messenger
    (2) and a way to select whether or not you want your AIM contacts, Facebook friends, and etc. all on your contacts list.
    (3) a "favorites" page on the phone app so that you can set a few contacts as your favorites. this is because sometimes when I take out my phone, I just wanna call in a few steps, it's annoying to open up my phone and type the speed dial, or go through the entire contact list with the phone closed.

I hope these are things being looked into for future updates because it'd make the webOS experience much more seamless and awesome.

just a rant and was wondering if anybody else is thinking the same too!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yyandrew View Post
    there are 3 things I've really been wanting for my pre and they are

(1) msn messenger built into the IM messenger
    (2) and a way to select whether or not you want your AIM contacts, Facebook friends, and etc. all on your contacts list.
    (3) a "favorites" page on the phone app so that you can set a few contacts as your favorites. this is because sometimes when I take out my phone, I just wanna call in a few steps, it's annoying to open up my phone and type the speed dial, or go through the entire contact list with the phone closed.

I hope these are things being looked into for future updates because it'd make the webOS experience much more seamless and awesome.

just a rant and was wondering if anybody else is thinking the same too!
    We already can import our facebook contacts into contacts. There is a plugin available for a lot of IMs including MSN you might what to give it a try
    did you know that you can add a contact to the launcher? that will do the same as the "favourites" thing you are asking for.
    messaging plugin works perfectly for me

are you sure you tried the latest version?
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    live works okay. It messes with your messengr a lot tho. I wish palm did it ... That and fb chat.
  6. J0E
    if by #2 you mean not automatically adding them then count me in. What was Palm thinking?

What I don't understand is that in my contacts preferences only google and palm profile show up. These are the ONLY accounts I want to see in my contacts. Yet for some reason when I added my AIM account to messaging (not contacts) it added all 200 of my aim friends screen names to my address book... seriously? I had to delete AIM from my messaging accounts and restart to get rid of all the contacts.

So am I doing something wrong or is it all or nothing? I can either chat to my aim friends on my phone and deal with 200 useless contacts in my address book or just never sign into aim on my pre?
    MSN takes FOREVER to sign in.....
    Quote Originally Posted by J0E View Post
    if by #2 you mean not automatically adding them then count me in. What was Palm thinking?

What I don't understand is that in my contacts preferences only google and palm profile show up. These are the ONLY accounts I want to see in my contacts. Yet for some reason when I added my AIM account to messaging (not contacts) it added all 200 of my aim friends screen names to my address book... seriously? I had to delete AIM from my messaging accounts and restart to get rid of all the contacts.

So am I doing something wrong or is it all or nothing? I can either chat to my aim friends on my phone and deal with 200 useless contacts in my address book or just never sign into aim on my pre?
    If you use universal search to find contacts, it wont matter if you have a million contacts on your phone book. Try it out, it makes life easier than to have to scroll up or down your contacts, plus it eliminates the step of having to open your contact app and search, just open your keyboard and type the name you are looking for.
    "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"