Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    From a fellow colleague in my company who specializes in marketing and strategy in the mobile space...

"Sprint has finally turned a corner.They announced a net loss of 148,000 subscribers in the most recent quarter — but that’s combined. On the CDMA side (Palm Pre relevant), they added almost 500,000 new subscribers. The net loss in postpaid comes from continued bleeding of the dying Nextel iDEN network.

Put in perspective, the CDMA side added more customers than T-Mobile for the equivalent period.

The firm posted a GAAP net loss, but had positive cash flow from operations, also a good thing.

This is Good News overall in my opinion — it means Sprint can turn more resources towards the CDMA and WiMAX/4G side of the house and keep our data speeds high. It also means that operations are generating the cash necessary to keep building out the Clear network and give us a national 4G network ahead of the other big telcos.

Now we just need a WiMAX/CDMA Pre II and we’re in business! "
    I sure hope so! This is my most underperforming stock
    When Sprint becomes successful, can we look forward to being treated poorly, like ATT and Verizon customers are now?
    Just remember, Verizon posted a huge loss, and they are the largest Carrier in the nation.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    According to Engadget, they only gained 3,000 net subscribers under the Sprint brand; the rest were through acquisitions. However, any net gain is definitely a good sign for a company that hasn't seen one in years.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    They should drop / sell Nextel. What a terrible acquisition.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Just remember, Verizon posted a huge loss, and they are the largest Carrier in the nation.
    Verizon Wired (landline service) posted losses. Verizon Wireless continues to grow in subscribers and earnings. Maybe someday VZW will divest themselves of the wired business like Sprint did a few years back, not that it's helped Sprint at all.

We have a word in the business world when a company, after multiple consecutive losing quarters, refers to its slightly reduced quarterly losses as "turning the corner." That word is "Loser."
    Last I checked Verizon wireless is NOT a company, its a division of Verizon Communications...

Any for Sprint to be successful again it has to get rid of Nextel, stick a fork in it it's dead! Nextel is just sucking hugh amount of cash from Sprint while it's Subs continue to Flee.
    I got rid of my I880 nextel for my palm pre and haven't miss it at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
    Last I checked Verizon wireless is NOT a company, its a division of Verizon Communications...
    Actually, it's a joint venture between Verizon and Vodafone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    They should drop / sell Nextel. What a terrible acquisition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post

Any for Sprint to be successful again it has to get rid of Nextel, stick a fork in it it's dead! Nextel is just sucking hugh amount of cash from Sprint while it's Subs continue to Flee.
    Getting rid of Nextel. May happen but I doubt it.

Sprint is in the final stages of converting everyone from the NexTel side to Sprint. NexTel is going to be used by the US government and at this time the current techs for NexTel will be the same people taking care of that system.
    For this reason alone I have been a longtime supporter of Sprint not being bought out by a foreign company.
    If you want to see a corner turned, wait until the Feds make a payment to sprint. And you thought a hammer was worth $200.00. What do you think they will pay for a Government dedicated secure cellular system?

Then again As we have seen in the past. Maybe that will not happen either.
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 02/12/2010 at 11:56 PM.
    Want to see the corner turned now. Read this wimax press release.