Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have met 7 local users of the Pre and 3 are VeriZon an complain of keybounce/sticky keys (double) key issues. I realize there have been some keyboardd changes so I am not sure this is hardware related. The otherr users on Sprint do not seem to have this issue (we traded phones just to see). This post is unedited, btw. Any thoughts? Wow. I wish we had those nifty colored keys
    I have the "sticky key" issue. Would love to find a fix.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I also have it as well, but it's not that bad.
  4.    #4  
    I also get dropped characters from time to time...and the Pixi we have doesn't seem to do it either.
    Last edited by copasetic; 02/11/2010 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Addendum.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I wind up with a large number of double types...I just chalked it up to fat sausage fingers
    I was just about to post something about this same issue when I noticed thiis thread. I have a Verizon Pre Plus and I'm having the same issue. I had the Sprint Pre before and never experienced this. I hope they find a fix soon. Seems to happen more often with letter I and e.

I am using my pre pluss to type this post. Notice two words have double type letters.
    Last edited by jameskk; 02/11/2010 at 10:32 PM.
    my first refurb started doing that before the speaker went out and my 2nd one everything is fine
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I just picked up Pre Plus earlier this afternoon and immediately noticed that I was typing a lot of double characters.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I finally (after 8 months of waiting) got my Pre Plus yesterday (wahoo!), and it does not seem to be missing or adding extra letters as I type.

I HAVE noticed that sometimes I miss a letter from the top row, but that's just because the top slider gets in the way a bit. Also, I think you need to apply a bit more force to the Pre Plus keyboard vs. the Pre keyboard for it to register since the Plus keyboard as more clicky.

Edit: It looks like I spoke a little too soon. I am, on rare occasions, getting double letters. However, as I said, it's a rare occurrence.
    Last edited by Diesel Donkey; 02/12/2010 at 08:28 PM.
    I have the double letter and dropped letter problem. It's getting worse and starting to drive me nuts.
    Christa
    wife, mother, nerd and proud of it
    stop fappin.

/solved
    Quote Originally Posted by iRobot View Post
    stop fappin.

/solved
    huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by iRobot View Post
    stop fappin.

/solved
    What an incredibly thoughtful and informative solution. Thank you so much.
    Christa
    wife, mother, nerd and proud of it
    No problemmmmms hhere on my Juuuune Pre keyboardd....

(Really, no problems )
  15.    #15  
    I have noticed that this often has to do with delays on the Pre. I'll be typing "nothing" for a few seconds, and then some (not all) of the just typed characters spill out of the keyboard buffer like they used to do on my old Treo 700P when I was trying to do SMS. . I gather either the priority of the KB isn't too high, and/or the buffer is small? Something is causing it to "wait" for a half second or so...it may not be related but it affects sliding and running apps on the Launcher, whether or not I have anything open.
    Last edited by copasetic; 02/13/2010 at 06:35 AM. Reason: spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    I have noticed that this often has to do with delays on the Pre. I'll be typing "nothing" for a few seconds, and then some (not all) of the just typed characters spill out of the keyboard buffer like they used to do on my old Treo 700P when I was trying to do SMS. . I gather either the priority of the KB isn't too high, and/or the buffer is small? Something is causing it to "wait" for a half second or so...it may not be related but it affects sliding and running apps on the Launcher, whether or not I have anything open.
    If your theory suggests it has to do with the delay on the pre, how do you explain that this happens to certain letters, i.e. for me, "r", "h". I'm waiting for the update to 1.4. the probability of me getting a perfect pre is slim to none, so I probably wont exchange.
    So I had the same problem on my Pre Plus. My 'e' key was constantly producing 'ee'. I exchanged the unit for a new one at Verizon yesterday, and so far I haven't noticed the problem on my new Pre. I will report back if it starts to happen again, though.

To those of you out there who are considering whether you should exchange your Pre due to the "sticky" keys, I would definitely recommend exchanging it. It wasn't *that* much of a hassle (although I did get lucky to get a competent Verizon rep).
    Not sure if everyone already knows of this fix, but I finally tried one I heard on the precentral pod cast a few weeks back. My keyboard was having issues with 'n' 'o' and 'e' along with a few other letters occasionally causing issues. I thought that the issue was me until I tried my wife's pre and had no issues. Anyway, on to the solution. The trick is to mash the keyboard a few times (just push down all the keys at the same time) and after a few times I stopped having the issue. My guess is that some internal piece hadn't been properly flexed to "loosen it up" before assembly and that's what is causing the issue. Anyway, hope this helps (If anyone still needs help with the issue).

EDIT: Nevermind, it was only a temporary fix. Got a replacement pre - worked fine for a while, now it's starting to have the issue again.
    Last edited by ErrantAI; 04/04/2010 at 10:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I have a new PrePlus and am getting a few repeating letters. To me this problem looks like it needs an adjustment of the key repeat rate. On the Mac, you can select the delay before the key repeat rate, I think that may help fix the issue
    Another datapoint. Verizon palm pre plus, obtained apr 2010. I observe both repeat key emissions and missed keys. Unfortunately I cannot reliablly reproduce, so I am concerned about my ability to get a replacement.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast