Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have the same problem. Can't reproduce it. Have tried typing more slowly, typing more forcefully, etc. Grrrr.
    I got mine back in Feb..... sticky keys since day 1. It came with 1.3.5.1 but the update to 1.4 did not fix it. Really hope the hold up on 1.4.1 is to fix this issue. Makes any type of text entry a pain. I get double, sometimes triple letters! Definitely doesn't feel like quality.... or worth the $99 I paid for it. I should have waited a couple more months and picked it up for free, oh well.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    I lean toward some kind of software thing for this. Evidence: I'm almost positive that the double typing has never occurred when I am typing into a form in the browser, but only occurs in email, in messaging, in Google Maps, etc. Also, I reset the phone and the double type took a while to come back. That wouldn't happen if it was a hardware issue, would it?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    I lean toward some kind of software thing for this. Evidence: I'm almost positive that the double typing has never occurred when I am typing into a form in the browser, but only occurs in email, in messaging, in Google Maps, etc. Also, I reset the phone and the double type took a while to come back. That wouldn't happen if it was a hardware issue, would it?
    My double type doesn't discriminate. It does it everywhere. But it does seem to act up more when the phone is busy/lagging. It also seems to do it more when the phone is "cold" - i.e. I just turned it on for the day and started using it. I was considering doing a hard reset and then not downloading any apps to see if that helps, but I don't really want to deal with having to re-sync all my contacts and whatnot.

EDIT: After paying closer attention, I noticed it definitely double types more in Messanger (when I am talking via G-Chat) than when I open up a Memo. Interesting...
    Last edited by mzlou2; 04/21/2010 at 08:25 AM.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Mine started this today (Pre, Sprint). I'm hoping it stops soon; luckily I work half a block from a Sprint store.

Anyone have a fix for this?
    I'm on my 6th Pre+ and they all have the keyboard problems.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12