Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    there must be some sort of work around
    also heart fm is on radiotimes, so there is some progress
    Just give it a little bit of time. RadioTime is working on an easy way to parse out the streams automatically so the stations don't have to be added by hand. This will greatly help with the UK stations (and the rest of Europe). Galaxy and Kiss should be coming shortly.

Doc

On a side note, for those in the UK, RadioTime is showing up in your App Catalog, correct? Is it under Explore->Music->Radio/Broadcasts? If you search for RadioTime, does it show up?
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    Just give it a little bit of time. RadioTime is working on an easy way to parse out the streams automatically so the stations don't have to be added by hand. This will greatly help with the UK stations (and the rest of Europe). Galaxy and Kiss should be coming shortly.

Doc

On a side note, for those in the UK, RadioTime is showing up in your App Catalog, correct? Is it under Explore->Music->Radio/Broadcasts? If you search for RadioTime, does it show up?
    yep
    it shows up in the UK catalog at least.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    yep
    it shows up in the UK catalog at least.
    Apparently not for a lot of people. Newly purchased Pre's for instance can't seem to download it. And it's not in the Pixi App Catalog either even though it's listed in my developer portal as being in the Pixi Catalog. Irritating.

Doc
    Apparently not for a lot of people. Newly purchased Pre's for instance can't seem to download it. And it's not in the Pixi App Catalog either even though it's listed in my developer portal as being in the Pixi Catalog. Irritating.

Doc
    any ideas which countries are having problems? that way you can bug the correct fellows on the forums
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    any ideas which countries are having problems? that way you can bug the correct fellows on the forums
    UK in particular is the one I care about in the immediate future.
    If it doesn't show up, I wonder if going here and sending the link will load or you will get an error about it not being available:
    RadioTime

Hmm I didn't realize they moved the radio stations to iplayer. I used to listen to the real media stream of bbc7, and it looks like even 1xtra is unblocked in the US. However, they block US people from downloading the podcasts!
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    If it doesn't show up, I wonder if going here and sending the link will load or you will get an error about it not being available:
    RadioTime

Hmm I didn't realize they moved the radio stations to iplayer. I used to listen to the real media stream of bbc7, and it looks like even 1xtra is unblocked in the US. However, they block US people from downloading the podcasts!
    that link works for me, but then i havent had any issues accessing it.

Maybe ask some of the UK lot, like "Vazthegreek" (he's the only name i can remember lol) etc, they might be able to help.

Is it possible those who can't access the app are those not running on 02? those with rebel/tubro sims? or something like that?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Galaxy UK stations are now available in RadioTime. Kiss FM coming as soon as the robot cycles through it.

Doc
    No. With the current tools available it is 100% impossible. The WebOS SDK does not contain any access to lower level programming on the gstreamer side (the audio application that WebOS uses). The audio functions that are available are very very limited.

Doc
    Doc

Will the new codecs released by the Webosinternals team mean we can have more stations in RadioTime?

Gx
  10.    #30  
    specifically bbc?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Doc

Will the new codecs released by the Webosinternals team mean we can have more stations in RadioTime?

Gx
    Highly unlikely. Although popular with the open source crowd, hardly anybody streams in ogg, flac, or gsmwav. Most stations use streaming services that stream in either aac(+), mp3, real audio, or wma. You'd probably be able to get some where along the lines of 10 new stations.

Doc
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    specifically bbc?
    BBC streams in WMA. Until Palm releases WMA support or the BBC throws up an mp3 stream, it's out of the question.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12