1.    #1  
    Is it possible to mark a folder on the USB partition such that the Photos app will not display it?

I have a pretty good amount of local HTML on my Pre, and I'd rather all of those images, in 20 different folders, not show in my Photos app.

While I'm on the subject, could the Photos app be any lamer? Anybody got any suggestions for a better one? Anybody wanna code a better one?
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers

i think you can put them in a folder with a period (.) in front of the folder name.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    have you tried starting the folder name with a period? like ".photos"?
  4.    #4  
    Unfortunately, the folders already exist, and because it's a bunch of HTML pages it's not as simple as just changing the folder names. (I'd need to change about a bazillion filepaths, too, and I dunno how to do that programmatically.)

But good point about the ".foo." I shoulda known, as I'd been looking at .wallpapers over and over.

yep as far as I know that's the only way. How are you running local html without an app? Just curious.
    Can you put all the files and folders you currently have into a new folder with a .foldername?

All the files within the new folder would still carry the same names and file paths from their locations.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    no they wont the new path would be .foldername/original_folder/sub_folders
    instead of original_folder/sub_folders

EDIT: the best way i can think of is to mark the folder as hidden (in windows (right click folder , properties check off hidden) and use internalz to explore the drive
  8.    #8  
    That'll work! (Should, anyway.) I'll change "Various_HTML" to ".Various_HTML" and see what happens.

To whomever asked, there's a web server called "Lighty" on one of the Preware feeds. Installed it and I was able to view the D&D 3.5 SRD (the prettiest one) in all its glory on my Pre. (Yes, I'm a geek.)

9.    #9  
    Changing my HTML folder from "Various_HTML" to ".Various_HTML" worked perfectly. Thanks, folks.