Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm new to the Pre world, but I recently changed my wireless service from AT&T to Verizon for different reasons. I'm coming fresh out of two years of iPhones and Blackberries, and I wanted to try something new. I picked up the Pre + and gosh .. I don't know .. it's the first time in a long while that I truly am fascinated by a phone. The webOS thing is unreal, and addressed a whole slew of gripes I had with my other smartphones. I really see the potential and I'm learning new and cool things to do with the Pre + daily.

Thought I'd register with Pre Central to better acquaint myself with the new phone. And if I can pose my first question:

I'm very particular about scratches, so I always get one of those skin screen protectors (like the invisibleSHIELD). I ordered one of those, and I currently have a Seidio Innocase on the device. Looking at how the shield wraps around the sides of the face, will the Innocase still snap onto the front without popping off? Has anyone done this successfully? Or is there some surgery on the shield that's gonna be required?

Thanks. I only ask because if I don't have to snip, snip at the shield, I won't. And I'd prefer not to, I guess.
    Yeah, it should work fine, as the tabs of the case will go past the wrap and snap around the edge.
    The Saint
    It will work fine over the shield just make sure the tabs go over all the way or it wont slide right.
    Welcome to the PRE central community! ever since I joined Ive had multiple answers answered in various ways. There are plenty of threads and posts but dont forget that this community has a lot of videos on youtube as well as other info. this might help

YouTube - invisibleSHIELD's Channel

good luck
    yeah I have a skinomi (really the same thing) and it fit almost perfect with my inncase. However on the front piece of my innocase the tab in the upper right hand corner broke off
    the seidio inncoases suck for the pre, mine broke 3 times but they always send a replacement.. And welcome to Precentral
    i had to cut off the little tabs on each corner of the invisi shield because its too tight with them left on and it stresses the tabs on the innocase. also better make sure that the innocase your getting is the newest updated and more sturdy case. they were having trouble with the tabs breaking off and are supposed to be coming out with a new version with stronger tabs.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Don't install the invisibleshield yourself, have a pro do it
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    If you live near a Best Buy, get your Invisibleshield from them and for $5.00 more they will put it on for you. As far as a case goes, I had a case on mine for about 4 months and though I felt my phone was protected, I just didn't like the way it looked. I Just like the Pre without anything on it,looks clean and sharp. I hope you enjoy your Pre and the great people here.
    I snipped the tabs just because they kept peeling up. I also cut down the sides a bit for the same reason.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    huh, these are much appreciated suggestions. I didn't realize the Seidio is finnicky with the Pre form factor. I've always used it in the past on my other devices and they worked and felt great.

@shadavis08 - how do I know if I have the updated Innocase with sturdier tabs?
    I would recommend not getting Best Buy's Ghost Armor. My friend had one & it started peeling on the corners so she took it back. When they were taking it off to put a new one, they scratched her phone & all they did was refund the ghost armor & a $25 gift card. She's ****ed because she just got it as well and they scratched it & they won't fix it. So we're never going back there again.
    Welcome to Precentral!

Although I can't speak for your Seido Innocase question, I use and recommend Invisible Shields. As challenging as they are to put on your phone, they offer great protection. I'm only using the full-body on the front face because I like the sticky-ness of the Touchstone back.

Good luck and enjoy!
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Anyone else have the problem of the Touchstone not sticking/charging when the Seido innocase back plate is on along with the InvisibleShield-ing on the Touchstone compatible Pre back? Ive having to take the Seido back off nightly to get the Touchstone be close enough to 'stick' and charge through the IS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i had to cut off the little tabs on each corner of the invisi shield because its too tight with them left on and it stresses the tabs on the innocase. also better make sure that the innocase your getting is the newest updated and more sturdy case. they were having trouble with the tabs breaking off and are supposed to be coming out with a new version with stronger tabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyandthesets View Post
    I snipped the tabs just because they kept peeling up. I also cut down the sides a bit for the same reason.
    Be careful with snipping off part of the Invisible shield because it might void your warranty with them. I had an issue with one of the corner pieces no longer sticking and they said that if i were to cut that off (instead of ordering a replacement one from them) that I would no longer be able to get replacements in the future because I altered the shield. so always check with them first before cutting pieces off!
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    go to bestbuy all that cuttn mess stupid they will do it rite tha first time invisible shield on front DONE...
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I would suggest going to Best Buy and letting them install the shield. Installation is not that difficult, but I had one bought at best buy which I installed myself. The shield had a manufacturing flaw so I lost the cost of the shield. If I had let best buy install it, they would doubtless have replaced the damaged shield.
    Hey just so you know those shields have a life time guarantee. If you bring it back to best buy with your reciept they will replace it for free.
    skinomi is great, lifetime replacements. i messed up the first application and they sent me a new cover free.
    I'll let you know in a few days. I ordered the full body kit, though I'll probably use just the front. I'd use the back if I didn't have the touchstone back, shiny and easily scratched, but you do, so.......the only thing I've heard for sure is that you might have to trim a tad near the USB jack, otherwise its too hard to open.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast