1.    #1  
    Is there any way to stop the buzz while its charging on the touchstone? I've found a patch on preware to disable the notification sound but its still buzzing allot ?
    Is there a patch for that?
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  3.    #3  
    yes, its called disable charging alert sound.
    Hit the nail on the head.
    - John Wayne
    Earplugs? Just kidding, I have 2 TS and have never heard a buzz from mine. Have you tried taking your Pre to a Sprint store and setting it on their TS to see if it buzzes? Might be an issue with either your TS or Pre.
  6.    #6  
    been the same with both (had to change one for the one i have now, still the same)
    is it a sound from the speaker, or a sound from the touchstone? i know my touchstone buzzes when charging, but i have to have my ear right next to it to hear it.
  8.    #8  
    sorry guys, vibrates alot....not buzzes
    Might want to through it out the window before it blows up. jk
    If it is coming from the touchstone you might want to try to get a new one. Haven't heard of this before. If it is from the Pre, is the vibrator or the speaker?
    - John Wayne
    so the phones vibrate motor runs when on the touchstone, or the entire setup vibrates? if the phone is vibrating, does the "charging" notification show up every time it vibrates? if it does, its most likely that you have a bad touchstone or touchstone back, because it intermittently gets current.

are you using the palm branded wall socket/adapter?
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Mine buzzed once...had to get close to hear it. I unplugged the touchstone at the wall, rebooted the phone, and then put them back together again and plugged it in and it worked from there on. I think some small power glitched got it started and it required a reset in one or the other device. Couldn't hurt to try I guess. Sorry if this isn't value added for your issue.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    so the phones vibrate motor runs when on the touchstone, or the entire setup vibrates? if the phone is vibrating, does the "charging" notification show up every time it vibrates? if it does, its most likely that you have a bad touchstone or touchstone back, because it intermittently gets current.

are you using the palm branded wall socket/adapter?
    yes, it does vibrate when the "charging" notification comes up. Its did with the two I've had so far so i assumed it was normal.
    no, its not normal. it should only vibrate and show the notification once, and thats when you first place the phone on the touchstone. something is causing the charging process to loose power intermittently, or it doesnt have enough current running to it.

try taking the phone and placing it on the touchstone in your local sprint store. Most of the sprint stores have their WebOS phones on display with the touchstone. If it works in the store, then their is something wrong with one or more of the 3 components of the touchstone setup. touchstone dock, usb to micro usb cable, or the plug.

you could also try plugging the setup in at a different outlet in your home, maybe the wall outlet you are using is not working correctly.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    it is the back cover that makes the buzz, well on mine atleast, just take it back and they should replace it for you
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    In my case - The buzzing has to do with the position of the pre on the touchstone... if its not on a certain way, there will be buzzing and/or multiple ding sounds that you hear when it starts charging (or trying to)... The pre has to be "locked" on the touchstone--there is a sweet spot where the pre latches on the touchstone.. it will be fairly difficult to slide the pre off the touchstone if you have it on correctly