Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    No I doubt it. Most more mature users have no need for themes and most of the patches are more trouble than they are worth. Besides he is probably always running 2-3 versions of WebOS ahead of us for testing purposes.
    I don't get the "mature user have no need for themes" part. (Actually, calling patches more trouble than they are worth seems a bit ludacris as well, but I digress...) Do people, as they age or become more "mature" --regardless of age-- lose their desire to be surrounded by beauty, clothed in style, and to have their homes decorated to their taste?

Some people may have no desire to run themes, much as some people truly do not get into art. But I do not think that makes them any more or less mature. Personally, I like to have my "home" decorated to my liking.
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    to my liking.

^ that pretty much sums it up.. everyone has their own style... it has nothing to do w/ age or maturity... Also, depends on what they use their phones for too.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Who doesn't? I was an idioit for abstaining for 6 months, now i can't live without it (or WOSQI)
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    ^ that pretty much sums it up.. everyone has their own style... it has nothing to do w/ age or maturity... Also, depends on what they use their phones for too.
    yes, my point exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    i think he uses the pixi
    plus as the head of the company he's too busy to be playing NFS, plus i'm sure he has a nice selection of real cars

*checking youtube for his MTV Cribs*
    You mean his pixi's gpu would be able to play NFS? :] It's a shame current pixi users can't. At least that's the impression I had.
    ...most of the patches are more trouble than they are worth...
    Spoken like someone who must not use patches. They are very useful, while I only use a small percentage of patches, I know lots of other people who use the patches that I don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    The real question is, who doesnt use Preware??

If you know about it, I dont see how you could not use it at all.....I check it atleast once a day for any updates.
    We believe there are about 25 thousand Preware users. This is less than 2% of all webOS devices (according to analyst reports of the number of devices shipped).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We believe there are about 25 thousand Preware users. This is less than 2% of all webOS devices (according to analyst reports of the number of devices shipped).

-- Rod
    no way man there has got to be more than that!!! its like the second app catalog for pre....well its alot more than that but still numbers have to be off
    ^that's it?! 25K?! MHS alone is huge! Palm should start an ad campaign for Preware and WOSQI!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by blu8503 View Post
    no way man there has got to be more than that!!! its like the second app catalog for pre....well its alot more than that but still numbers have to be off
    I run the web server from which you download Preware.

There were 25K downloads from unique IPs of the latest version (the one that was required to be able to use Preware post 1.3.5).

We figure any duplicate downloads balances out those who didn't update, so 25K is the number we are using and it wouldn't be more than plus or minus 1K on that.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    I am surprised at that. A lot of people are missing out then aren't they?

Once the realisation of what AUPT brings filters through, there should be a lot more. In the past many would have been put off by the re-patching previously required each update. (plus of course the ignorant negative comments.)

How many Pre users are P|C users?
    I can just see Rubinstein messing with Preware and mumbling "*****k this is cool!"
    No I doubt it. Most more mature users have no need for themes and most of the patches are more trouble than they are worth. Besides he is probably always running 2-3 versions of WebOS ahead of us for testing purposes.
    Boy I dont know if he does or not, but MORE MATURE?

I am pushing 60, consider myself VERY Mature.. maybe even on the brink of senior citizenry, But Preware, and Homebrew and what it lends to adding an amazing amount of EXTRA-Ness to this already wonderful device... I hardly consider that NOT mature..

I have had no problems with patches, use themes sometimes, but by READING and paying attention to this forum, and what you are doing, and being careful, I have had no trouble that was not easily overcome, and the tradeoff to that is the wonderful features I can add to this phone.

I bet Rubinstein , if not, knows about it, and wants to
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Boy I dont know if he does or not, but MORE MATURE?

I am pushing 60, consider myself VERY Mature.. maybe even on the brink of senior citizenry, But Preware, and Homebrew and what it lends to adding an amazing amount of EXTRA-Ness to this already wonderful device... I hardly consider that NOT mature..

I have had no problems with patches, use themes sometimes, but by READING and paying attention to this forum, and what you are doing, and being careful, I have had no trouble that was not easily overcome, and the tradeoff to that is the wonderful features I can add to this phone.

I bet Rubinstein , if not, knows about it, and wants to
    Glad to see there is at least one other forum member who is pushing 60 and very mature.

I haven't tried themes, but I don't think it has anything to do with my age. I've read a lot in these forums about problems people have had, especially with uninstalling themes. I use Backgrounds instead and I think my Pre is beautiful.

On the other hand, I don't want to live without my patches. I have 17 installed right now and I am so happy that I will not have to uninstall them for 1.4.

I'm guessing that Rubinstein knows about Preware.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12