Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Especially since the Pre/Pixi Plus have the pearl removed. Any hope for Sprint users?
    There is still a light under the center of the gesture area on the other phones. Just no physical button.
    We need that and notification nags. This is really getting ridiculous now. 8 months in... 8 MONTHS and ppl too busy to tweak this and patch that have to miss calls and alerts that wouldn't be missed on any other phone.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 02/11/2010 at 05:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ksfireman82 View Post
    There is still a light under the center of the gesture area on the other phones. Just no physical button.
    So is the plan to use that as LED notification?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    So is the plan to use that as LED notification?
    Plan? What plan? Sprint Pixi users have been using that since its release and now the Plus crowd is as well.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    Plan? What plan? Sprint Pixi users have been using that since its release and now the Plus crowd is as well.
    Not talking about patches, an official palm release that will target LED notification.
    Not talking about patches, an official palm release that will target LED notification.
    nobody knows.
    The code for LED notification is already in WebOS, and has been since I think 1.3.1 maybe IIRC. The patch simply uncomments the ability to turn it on/off. So I'd say the fact that Palm has actually already added the functionality but hidden the ability to use it indicates their plan. And the existence or absence of a push button doesn't effect that (the LED still exists on the Pixi and Plus models)

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Usually what I would think of it is that they've decided to put someone to work on it. They got something to work, but most likely haven't gotten an official code check for release.

However, since the time it was found, it does seem like it should be official by now.
    i actually use the button often to go to the home screen, gives me a more absolute feel that it should and would go to the home screen rather than praying for it with the gestures (not saying gestures aren't accurate). i like the button.
  11. wkj
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Why would they put the ability in but not utilize it initially? If patches simply unlock what's already in the OS......why not just unlock them from the get go? Android or Blackberry is looking better and better......

wkj
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    We need an interview with Rubinstein to ask this question specifically!
    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    We need an interview with Rubinstein to ask this question specifically!
    OHHHHHhhh that would be good!
    something like Frost/Nixon loool
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wkj View Post
    Why would they put the ability in but not utilize it initially? If patches simply unlock what's already in the OS......why not just unlock them from the get go? Android or Blackberry is looking better and better......

wkj
    Well, maybe they think they got to add this to some GUI without making things "too complicated." If nothing else they would need to modify the documentation, help, etc to describe this. Besides it can be bundled into some big bang release in the future.

It really does seem that Palm is spread really thin and there really seems like there is more focus on the 3D game stuff. I suppose that is good for the platform, but I don't give hoot about games.
    This thread is a waste. I'm sure he'd love to meet with you guys to answer your one dumb question. Install the patch if you want LED notifications and you don't ever have to worry about it again. Also do some research before you bi t ch about the missing button, it looks ugly anyways when you compare it to the the pixi, pre plus and pixi plus.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    it looks ugly anyways when you compare it to the the pixi, pre plus and pixi plus.
    That's a matter of option I personally like the button and the look. But to each his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    That's a matter of option I personally like the button and the look. But to each his own.
    I agree, that is a matter of opinion. I did like the button until I saw the pixi and the plus models. I like having the same function without the added button and I think it completes the slick/smooth look of the phone.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    The button should be replaced with a trackball or some sort of d-pad/joystick type of thing. It's pretty annoying to use the orange button in order to move the cursor.
    I would love a track pad but if palm wants webos to be used by business users led notifications will need to be put on by default no hacking needed.
    considering the code was already written and put into every webos phone out there . the patch just enables it . my guess is they intend to enable it in one of the updates . so yes they care about it .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast