Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. wkj
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    This thread is a waste. I'm sure he'd love to meet with you guys to answer your one dumb question. Install the patch if you want LED notifications and you don't ever have to worry about it again. Also do some research before you bi t ch about the missing button, it looks ugly anyways when you compare it to the the pixi, pre plus and pixi plus.
    And yet you took time out of your PMS'ing to respond....NICE!
  2. wkj
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    I would love a track pad but if palm wants webos to be used by business users led notifications will need to be put on by default no hacking needed.
    I haven't read or heard anything from Palm about wanting to cater to the business user. IMO they are heading away from focusing on business.

wkj
    coming in 1.4 source: a 'friend'
    I didn't even notice the missing LED notification. I did notice that I can't set an individual notification tone for missed call, unknow caller...
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    "a friend" always seems to know the answer
    ummm, I'm confused, my Pre's "nipple" LED has been giving me notification alerts since like the 1.3 update or maybe before that.
  7. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    i dont really see the great appeal of this feature. If i'm gonna take my phone out of my pocket, i'll just turn on the screen for notifications. Why is this such a wanted feature?
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    what he said.
    it kind of is a key feature... for example, you leave your phone on your dresser while you shower... if someone called or sent you a txt, you will know as soon as you glance at the phone, rather than the next time you turn the screen on.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    it kind of is a key feature... for example, you leave your phone on your dresser while you shower... if someone called or sent you a txt, you will know as soon as you glance at the phone, rather than the next time you turn the screen on.
    i dont know about you, but i keep my phone in my pocket while i shower.
    Aren't you concerned about it gettig wet?
    That's what she ___d.
    nah. thats what insurance is for.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    ......Sounds like someone's a nevernude.
    nobody knows.
    Actually quite a few people know, we just aren't allowed to say.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    LMAO! I remember the code was commented out, but after almost a year of no official update to change that, then the Pre/Pixi plus removal of the pearl it got me wondering. Possibly the use of the gesture lights as LED notification, dunno....

Honestly I don't care about patching, its a hassel every firmware upgrade. And people wonder why every other thread is "bricked device"...
    Last edited by Leke; 02/12/2010 at 09:48 AM.
    Palm is trying to hard to be like Apple, thinking withholding basic key features builds frustration and anticipation and eventually glee when it's released. I don't care what Palm does at this point, as long as Preware and WOSQI allows me to use my phone properly then I'll own a Pre. When that is no longer the case i'll be moving on to something better.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Palm is trying to hard to be like Apple, thinking withholding basic key features builds frustration and anticipation and eventually glee when it's released. I don't care what Palm does at this point, as long as Preware and WOSQI allows me to use my phone properly then I'll own a Pre. When that is no longer the case i'll be moving on to something better.
    Couldn't agree more. And everyone is falling for this crap, threads about "firmware aniticipation". Gee thanks I should jump up with joy cause I'm now getting video recording. Meanwhile our old treos had this since jump street. Seriously, basic functions should have been out of the box, and then expand from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Couldn't agree more. And everyone is falling for this crap, threads about "firmware aniticipation". Gee thanks I should jump up with joy cause I'm now getting video recording. Meanwhile our old treos had this since jump street. Seriously, basic functions should have been out of the box, and then expand from there.
    So, why do I have LED notifications?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast