1.    #1  
    I'm not sure if I'm the only one with this problem (I doubt it) but I've noticed since one of the last updates the webcards are not always live. I sometimes open 3 or more webcards and when switching back I notice that the card is blank and it has to redownload the page (this happens automatically).

Another odd behavior is that this is sometimes remedied by switching the screen orientation from vertical to horizontal and back. But this does not always work.

It wouldn't bother me so much except it's a pain to wait for pages to refresh and other times I like to open a bunch of pages and turn off the radio to save battery while I'm reading them.

Anyone know what this is all about?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hey deesugar - this is actually a built in "feature" - it's designed to do this in order to save bandwidth, processing power and battery by not keeping webpages live (since you could theoretically have 10-20 webcards open at once, keeping them all live would be very intensive).

If you want to force them to remain live there is a patch for that - it's called "No Auto Refresh After Idle" and you can get it from Preware.

Hope this helps,
    SqyArc
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Hey deesugar - this is actually a built in "feature" - it's designed to do this in order to save bandwidth, processing power and battery by not keeping webpages live (since you could theoretically have 10-20 webcards open at once, keeping them all live would be very intensive).

If you want to force them to remain live there is a patch for that - it's called "No Auto Refresh After Idle" and you can get it from Preware.
    I can see where it would auto refresh but as you can see the pages are blank. Why would it blank the page and then wait till I switch to it to auto refresh? I don't think it's doing anything while it's in the background.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that patch.
    I have noticed that too. It is very anoying if I am switching between cards sometimes I come back and need to reload thepage. It doesn't have to keep the card "live" but the fact that I need to reload it when I come back is very annoying.