1.    #1  
    Okay, so I live in a somewhat remote area where I only get 1x coverage. it is fine coverage, I can make calls just fine and get on the internet, though slow, it works. I also have wifi broadband for when I want to download something big.

One day I lost my phone and had a replacement shipped to me by my insurance. my Palm Pre won't let me use it, at all, except to call 911 or customer service until I restore the data from my palm profile. The only issue is I keep getting an error saying it was unable to. I checked the email and password, and both are correct, I even reset my password to be sure. I called sprint and palm and they say I need EVDO in order to restore my data, but the closest place around me that gets EVDO coverage is 70+ miles away, not a trip I want to take so quickly as a college student. PLEASE I need some help, for I now have my Palm Pre back but cannot use it is there any way to bypass syncing it with my palm profile? because it doesn't even give me the ability to connect to my wifi to do this..

Thank You so much in advance,
    Ben
    in the app catalog the is 2g app that allows for OTA update when Evdo isn't available. maybe this will work.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by crash712us View Post
    in the app catalog the is 2g app that allows for OTA update when Evdo isn't available. maybe this will work.
    My point is I can't get to the app catalog. I can't get to my main screen at all. I'm stuck at the "Sign into your Profile" page. So that app doesn't help me what so ever
    You need an active data connection in order to sign into a profile, unfortunately there is not a way around this natively.

The folks at webOS internals have put something together that may assist you with this issue.

You can find more information about it here
    Patch webOS Bypassing Activation - WebOS Internals
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    You need an active data connection in order to sign into a profile, unfortunately there is not a way around this natively.

The folks at webOS internals have put something together that may assist you with this issue.

You can find more information about it here
    Perfect! that's exactly what I need. Thank You