Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    at least for stock market prices, I would prefer that this started buy-out rumors
    Well it could all be just a big cover story to hid the fact that they are having issues. Perhaps they decided to halt production this month for the new years but in actuality they are hoping that it gives them enough time to work some magic.
  2.    #42  
    thanks for that engadget link!!!
    haha
    i'm Chinese happy new year to me!
    I happen to work in the securities industry (stocks, bonds, investments you know that kind of crap). Well anyway I have access to major computer systems that release news as soon as it hits. This is from the major new sources and this information is not rumors or assumptions. From the Reuters News wires, here are some quotes...

"Palm says it regularly adjusts manufacturing levels to manage inventory"

"Palm says it increased production prior to Verizon launch and Chinese New year and plans to ramp production "back up" after the Chinese New Year"

"Source close to Palm says company has suspended production only for the Chinese New Year...roughly Feb 14 through Feb 26"
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    THEY have to give their chinese workers the time off! "Made in China",not in the USA.
    :-P
    [QUOTE=Renderhaus;2215498].[IMG]

LOL- I could just hear him saying it.
    Wow, as much as I like "Gossip", BGR can be annoying since this clearly affected the Stock of Palm.

My Theory, someone wanted the stock to go down to buy low. Or just idiots over there not realizing the implications of bad journalism at BGR.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Rubenstein should be madly ****ed he takes action on BGR....

thats not a good rumor to go around...
    My third guess was that they were working around Chinese New Year.

Let's ignore all other reports that come from the one that broke this (false) news, OK?
    some of you should subscribe to the holidays calendar in gmail :P
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Wow, as much as I like "Gossip", BGR can be annoying since this clearly affected the Stock of Palm.

My Theory, someone wanted the stock to go down to buy low. Or just idiots over there not realizing the implications of bad journalism at BGR.
    It's true. The bottom line is that the factories were obviously not operating at full capacity to produce Palm Pre Plus' if they were somehow able to produce more than needed before this alleged two week time off... which does happen in China... but the timing...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123