Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Smartphone Fanatics: Palm Halts Production of Handhelds

^Thats old article
    Quote Originally Posted by trinidon2k View Post
    palm rarely comments on rumors... good or bad
    I really want them to break the trend for this one.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Perhaps they finally realized that Foxconn is doing a really lousy job of assembling the pre's. That would be awesome news for future build quality if they decide to go with a company that has higher quality control standards.
    Last edited by edlex; 02/11/2010 at 02:26 PM.
  4.    #24  
    palm stock green
    Just bought a Pre Plus. Would be just my luck that a new model comes out just as I get one. LOL
    could be many things..just checking..that means that palm stopped making the original pre and pixi? because the pre is still sold world wide...unless they have a surpluss of that too
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    could be many things..just checking..that means that palm stopped making the original pre and pixi? because the pre is still sold world wide...unless they have a surpluss of that too
    I think this is just the US stuff on CDMA, no word on the GSM Pres and Pixis
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    If I had to choose, I'd say that Palm is about to be purchased.

There are rumors every year about Palm being sold and I'm wondering if this might be the time. (Nokia, perhaps?) I can't imagine webOS disappearing...it's potential is way too high for that. Perhaps the OS made Palm irresistible?

...or it could be new hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    I think this is just the US stuff on CDMA, no word on the GSM Pres and Pixis
    This article says they stopped ALL production of ALL devices.

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...OSKHWATMY32JVN
    Oh..whew...

Happy New Year!
    There are four lights.
    Thank God!!
    engadget talked to the co and production only halted for the holiday (the chinese new year)

Finally someone talked to the company

stock market rife with rumors--all those shorts trying to cover their positions

Didn't Boy Genius Report not get a Palm Pre to demo--the blog may not be the best source for Palm news.

I'm just saying
    Can some nice admin add the word 'NOT!' to the front of this topic to prevent a stampede of wild Palm owners?
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    all i can say is "gong hei fat choy"
    Engadget debunks. Says production stopped for Chinese New Year (?!?!)

Sorry I can't post the link. Text below.

Oh boy. Research firm OTR Global is making some waves today with a report claiming that Palm ordered all Pre and Pixi manufacturing to be halted, but apparently they didn't look at a calendar -- or, you know, call Palm. We just talked to Palm and here's the real deal: Pre and Pixi orders were halted for the Chinese New Year on the 14th, and production will go back online at the end of the month. That's the whole story -- Palm said that production for Verizon was ramped up early in the year to cover the downtime, so there shouldn't be any effect on availability. We'll be getting an official statement soon, we'll update as soon as we get it.
    at least for stock market prices, I would prefer that this started buy-out rumors

Boy, you worry-warts sure bit that one hard.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast