Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    A colleague of mine tweeted this...

qualresearcher: @foxycar But no webOS client for Buzz other than the browser as of yet

He got a response from Lynn Fox (@foxycar), former head of Mac Public Relations that Palm recently poached from Apple (Palm poaches another Apple executive - Lynn Fox - Gawker)

Here was her reply...

foxycar: @qualresearcher Google says they're working on it. Stay tuned!
    Last edited by rlopin; 02/11/2010 at 01:29 PM. Reason: fixed spelling error
    I know its the new thing for google, but i just got it set up in my gmail and its nothing special, and frankly everyone i know that has gmail hasn't even bothered with it ...
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

but its still good its coming because theres bound to be someone who could use it
    I want them to add the StreetView to GoogleMaps before they bother with Buzz...!
    they shouldn't have missed that onthe press release though....
    I'm just not feeling the Google Buzz. Great for those that want it for WebOS (more the better) but I'll pass........
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Buzz has so many privacy issues that the first thing I recommend is explicitly turning it off.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Buzz has so many privacy issues that the first thing I recommend is explicitly turning it off.
    you're rehashing what bloggers have said. everyone was so quick to blog/report about Buzz that they had to find some angle to run with.
    I just find it funny that so many of the people who bash Twitter are so quick to like Buzz.

But for me personally, add Buzz to the list of things that Google has done recently that I just don't care about (Buzz, Wave, Chrome*/ChromeOS, etc.)

I use Google Calendar all the time, love my GMail, etc., but just haven't cared about a lot of their more recent launches.

(*Chrome is a tough one, because Firefox ****es me off sometimes, but Chrome extensions are way too limited and Chrome doesn't support half the features I need from a browser, though if some of them were incorporated, I'd love to switch from FF at this point.)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I just find it funny that so many of the people who bash Twitter are so quick to like Buzz.

But for me personally, add Buzz to the list of things that Google has done recently that I just don't care about (Buzz, Wave, Chrome*/ChromeOS, etc.)

I use Google Calendar all the time, love my GMail, etc., but just haven't cared about a lot of their more recent launches.

(*Chrome is a tough one, because Firefox ****es me off sometimes, but Chrome extensions are way too limited and Chrome doesn't support half the features I need from a browser, though if some of them were incorporated, I'd love to switch from FF at this point.)
    how about Opera?
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I want them to add the StreetView to GoogleMaps before they bother with Buzz...!
    +1
    I have ZERO interest in social networking sites and Google Buzz is yet another completely worthless item for me. I'd much rather see the Street View portion of maps working for WebOS. Am I the only one who doesn't care about social sites??
    Blah, blah, blah and here comes the hate parade. Look, if you're apathetic about the service, fine. At least acknowledge that Palm supporting a (pardon me, but) "buzzworthy" feature offered by an internet giant like Google is a good thing. No one cares that you don't use social networking, don't like it, don't trust it, or hate it because it ruined your second cousin's life.

Good on you, Google & Palm. webOS was the last major unsupported smartphone platform, and it's good to know it'll be fixed soon.

EDIT: "Troll parade" was a bit harsh. Actually, the whole post's tone is a bit harsh. Sorry.
    Last edited by VCI_Cell; 02/11/2010 at 05:01 PM.
    Unless she has other info than the response from Bin (google employee) on Buzz forum than this is old news.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    "Troll Parade"? dork. Someone expressing views in a forum that don't match yours isn't a troll. Don't care if you don't care.
    I'm right there with him. I hope i can simply turn off the Buzz. Don't like an unwanted feature being thrown at me.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    "Troll Parade"? dork. Someone expressing views in a forum that don't match yours isn't a troll. Don't care if you don't care.
    I have no problem with opinions that don't match mine. I'm just tired of people with no interest in the subject of a thread going out of their way to crap all over it. And "troll" is an overused term, which is why I edited my post. Go away if you're not interested.

Anyway.

The thing about Google Buzz is that it's integrated into GMail by default, and was turned on for every GMail user pretty much right away. This guarantees a massive installed user base, which will translate to a lot of Pre/Pixi users either wondering about or desiring this feature. There's just no way to say that this is a bad thing for Palm. It isn't.
    They should call it "Google Bomb" because that's exactly what it's going to do.
    I think it's great that it'll come to WebOS, if you don't like it then don't use it, that simple. Just like any other app, patch, or service. I agree with 'VCI_Cell' on that first post.
    I played with Google Buzz today, and it strikes me as the middle ground between Facebook and Twitter.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I'm right there with him. I hope i can simply turn off the Buzz. Don't like an unwanted feature being thrown at me.
    Google Buzz will enable it self by default (maybe) can't confirm as I enabled it by choice.

If you don't like it you can disable it at the bottom of the gmail / buzz page, just as you can disable chat etc.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast