Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Good that its coming but still, Buzz is a failed idea just like wave.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    +1
    I have ZERO interest in social networking sites and Google Buzz is yet another completely worthless item for me. I'd much rather see the Street View portion of maps working for WebOS. Am I the only one who doesn't care about social sites??
    There are at least two of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    I have no problem with opinions that don't match mine. I'm just tired of people with no interest in the subject of a thread going out of their way to crap all over it. And "troll" is an overused term, which is why I edited my post. Go away if you're not interested.

Anyway.

The thing about Google Buzz is that it's integrated into GMail by default, and was turned on for every GMail user pretty much right away. This guarantees a massive installed user base, which will translate to a lot of Pre/Pixi users either wondering about or desiring this feature. There's just no way to say that this is a bad thing for Palm. It isn't.
    Sorry, I disagree. HelloNNNewman (and BMIC50) showed interest in this subject and made a valid point about Google focusing on projects such as Buzz instead of delivering Street view for WebOS. I happen to agree with them.
    i think its great that it'll come to WebOS for all the people that want to use it but as far as I can tell Buzz, like Twitter (but look how popular that is), is COMPLETELY worthless and as has already been stated, full of security risks
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Excellent. I will definitely use Google Buzz if it comes to my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siteoner View Post
    i think its great that it'll come to WebOS for all the people that want to use it but as far as I can tell Buzz, like Twitter (but look how popular that is), is COMPLETELY worthless and as has already been stated, full of security risks
    i think that the "completely worthless" statement about twitter is (obviously, i know this is pretty well apparent) just an opinion. probably from someone who had never used it, or really taken the time to understand it beyond the whole "telling people when you're taking a ****" thing.

my opinion is that twitter is a lot of fun, and can be very useful for sharing information quickly with a lot of people. again, just another opinion.

twitter is like webos: you have to use it for a little bit before you really get it and understand how it works and can enrich your life. (yup, just my opinion.)
    Google buzz up and running on the pre with iphone spoof.
    Last edited by goldenchild; 02/12/2010 at 06:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I want them to add the StreetView to GoogleMaps before they bother with Buzz...!
    Streetview on Desktop PC is flash-based, so webOS1.4 could bring us the flash-plugin and the flash-plugin could bring us google street view
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    Streetview on Desktop PC is flash-based, so webOS1.4 could bring us the flash-plugin and the flash-plugin could bring us google street view
    How is the iphone able to get street view. I was bragging about my pre to one of our district maintenence workers and he pulled up his google maps with the street view. So if it is flash based what does the iphone have that allows this?
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenchild View Post
    Google buzz up and running on the pre with iphone spoof.
    i just installed the spoof but it doesn't work =( I see the button on m.gmail.com but when i click it it takes me to an instructional website with all the browsers it supports.

I used the latest QuickInstall
    google buzz is no different then any other social media platform. you post the same things on there that you do any where.

if you dont like it then dont use it. it will not search what email you just viewed and tell the world about it.......or will it ?????

i have played with it a little and found good and bad things about it.
    one thing i do like about it is the fact that it may not drain my battery as fast as GTalk does and should work the same IF my contacts use it.......and there is the down side. im not sure how many people are going to join this band wagon.

google has come up with innovative programs and most seem to like them, this one is just different
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    Pre be with you.
    ...and also with you.
    I'm not fired up about Buzz. I can see how some people can find it beneficial (especially those who don't mind completely integrating their life with Google ) but I have to admit that privacy issues are of concern to me, too. I mean, by default, at launch everyone in your email contact list is available to all the others?? And Google thought that's acceptable? While Twitter and Facebook display your life to the world, that's the premise of those sites. Email is more personal.

We all know that everything Google does is to collect data about it's users. What you view, how you surf, what you respond to, what you talk about online...that's why all their stuff is free, because they use that data to sell advertising. Everyone does it, I know...
    I think buzz would be fun on the phone. But i am against the spoof. like said in other posts how are we ever going to let the world know that webos is here if we are trying to trick them into thinking we are an iphone. i dont think they need any help.
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    i think that the "completely worthless" statement about twitter is (obviously, i know this is pretty well apparent) just an opinion. probably from someone who had never used it, or really taken the time to understand it beyond the whole "telling people when you're taking a ****" thing.

my opinion is that twitter is a lot of fun, and can be very useful for sharing information quickly with a lot of people. again, just another opinion.

twitter is like webos: you have to use it for a little bit before you really get it and understand how it works and can enrich your life. (yup, just my opinion.)
    Well youre wrong. I have been on Twitter probably for a couple years now and its pretty much worthless if youre not a self absorbed teenage girl who actually believes that people care what youre doing with your day. Basically imagine if FB was ONLY peoples status updates and they were limited to 140 characters. Sound stupid? It is.

Now Im not saying I have NEVER found a use for twitter. Before the Pre launched it was a pretty good resource for news about the device because of the instantaneous nature of the service. So clearly when i said "completely worthless" it was hyperbole. What I really meant is that for people who are interested in that sort of thing, there are better, more robust options out there and for people who are not then it is DEFINITELY worthless.
    Buzz is not like Twitter. I signed up for Twitter, knowing it is explicitly a public forum.

I did not sign up for Buzz. I did not enable Buzz. Buzz was automatically enabled for me. Buzz is automatically sharing things that it shouldn't, from email (what is considered a private area of my internet experience.) It is sharing my private contact info with anyone I link with.

Quote Originally Posted by Siteoner View Post
    Well youre wrong. I have been on Twitter probably for a couple years now and its pretty much worthless if youre not a self absorbed teenage girl who actually believes that people care what youre doing with your day. Basically imagine if FB was ONLY peoples status updates and they were limited to 140 characters. Sound stupid? It is.

Now Im not saying I have NEVER found a use for twitter. Before the Pre launched it was a pretty good resource for news about the device because of the instantaneous nature of the service. So clearly when i said "completely worthless" it was hyperbole. What I really meant is that for people who are interested in that sort of thing, there are better, more robust options out there and for people who are not then it is DEFINITELY worthless.
    Twitter allows me to stay up to date with current WebOS development. When private betas are available for the next WebOS version or other exciting developments, Palm will anounce them on Twitter. When I need an answer from people, not a crappy web search, often Twitter will get me a good answer faster than any other option. There are some things for which Twitter is currently, the most robust option.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Buzz is not like Twitter. I signed up for Twitter, knowing it is explicitly a public forum.

I did not sign up for Buzz. I did not enable Buzz. Buzz was automatically enabled for me. Buzz is automatically sharing things that it shouldn't, from email (what is considered a private area of my internet experience.) It is sharing my private contact info with anyone I link with.
    Thanks for this post...I didn't realize Buzz started automatically. Finally found the OFF switch. Wow.
    Thanks - I just did the same thing.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    twitter isn't all that great either but since companies update their twitter accounts. I'll only be using it for news.

until the day facebook lets us pick and choose the people we want notes from and companies use it. Then i'll stick with it.

buzz doesn't seem like a great venture for google so I'm confused.

unless google adds social gaming like facebook...
    Google Buzz for WebOS confirmed according to the Google Mobile support page: (screen print attached)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast